Interview with EM Artemis!

I had the pleasure of interviewing EM Artemis this week! You can read all their responses below;

1.    What made you decide to start EMing?

I’ve always loved acting, telling my kids stories and role playing. So, it was kind of the best of all of those! As soon as I saw that there was an opening, I jumped on it and haven’t regretted a moment!

2.    What is your favorite part about EMing?

Honestly, it’s the players. They always make EMing fun and unpredictable! I love that they interact with us and that we can create these stories for players to get immersed in. Kind of like an interactive movie!

3.    What is your favorite memory thus far of EMing?

My favorite memory was in my first year. I had a character named Mikael the paladin. He was murdered. Well, my players decided that Mikael was just too much to remember(?), so they just kept calling him “bob”. Honestly, it was hilarious to me.

4.    What is your most memorable moment playing UO?

I would say it’s when I first started role playing. I had so much fun developing my character and playing along with so many wonderful people! I was up until the wee hours of the morning playing knowing full well, I had to be to work early in the morning! *laughs*

5.    What is your favorite thing to do in UO?

Oh, my favorite thing to do in UO has to be house decorating. I love to decorate my houses! I always find it so much fun!

6.    Is there a specific event that you've done that is your favorite? What is it?

Hmm, that’s a tough one honestly. I’ve liked a lot of the events I’ve done over the years. But, if I had to chose ONLY one, I would have to say the very first Feekal event. The puns were just too much. I had way too much fun laughing.

7.    Was there a drop you made that you favorite most out of all of them thus far? What is it?

Favorite colors and animals aside? *laughs* That would have to be either the mutated raptor or the seagull. It’s so hard to choose!

8.    Is there a specific story that comes to mind about UO that has stuck with you to date?

Honestly, the best story that comes to mind, is when I used to tame animals back in the hay-day and sell them at the bank. Just sitting, taming, chatting with friends, and selling pets. It sounds silly and simple, but it’s when I had the most fun.
Or, I would say when we did champ spawns in Fel. Running around and doing them and trying not to get PKed in the process after we were done! Gets the adrenaline pumping!

9.    Do you have any words of wisdom for the players out there? New and Old?

Be kind to each other. You never know what someone is going through. Don’t judge them either. It’s easy to judge when you’re behind a computer screen, especially when it’s pixels and not a real person that you see. But I think we really need to be a kinder place for new and old players.

10. Is there anything else you'd like to add to the players out there?

Nothing ever comes easy and good things come to those who wait. It takes a lot of hard work and effort. So, while it feels like you may never get that castle or get that special coveted item, if you continue to work hard and be persistent, it’ll come eventually.

Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

Comments