Why did they make it so Harbingers can only be summoned at a cemetary? Goodbye IDOC fun

thoughts?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Asked and answered by yourself.

They like ruining fun.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Making it easier for idoc scripters to win UO.  Good job guys!  
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I’m pretty sure it’s always been against the rules to lure spawn to other players in trammel. This would simply be a step towards enforcing this rule.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Mervyn said:
    I’m pretty sure it’s always been against the rules to lure spawn to other players in trammel. This would simply be a step towards enforcing this rule.
    I can tell you from personal experience that this is one rule that's not enforced.  btw, this applies to Fel IDOCs as well, should a player want to use a Harbinger there.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    But the change affect fel, cos you can just kill the blue "scripters".
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    if you can find them.  From what I remember of the Harbinger's acid pool ability, it can damage even stealthers, which someone like me (who doesn't run tracking or detect hidden) can't do (due to playing on blues/no longer needing to be Red)
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    Being back to UO and watching firsthand what Harbingers do at IDOC's, I would say leave it as is but flag the summoner and anyone that dies while its up can give a count towards that person.  The same could be done for Scalis sp? as anyone at the ATL keep that fell the other day can agree too.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    sorry they spoiled your griefing for you.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 895
    They should just replace Grubbers with Harbingers at all "missed payment" idocs...

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Just put in a bunch of Pacmans to eat everything first, make them non killable.