The UO Forums are too heavily moderated

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,141
    edited January 11
    Covfefe said:
    your character with 4 second healing is probably a warrior, with high dexterity. Some people play other templates that require high intelligence where its not possible to get 150/150/150 stats

So some people have 10+ second heal timer, it's a big penalty regardless to basically lose the around 70 damage heal that you should've received. I mean, if you think you're better at PvP than me, and everyone else who is currently automating bandages to solve the issue then okay congrats on your flawless application ability, but i don't see you in the field much.

Its not the loss of a bandage, its the loss of the 10+ seconds/damage healed.

If its not a penalty and not a big deal, whats the problem with removing the penalty? since EC players don't have it

I tell you what, all these people who are using a script to apply bandages, i will message them and tell them hey, you can delete that script cos Larisa says just don't jump the gun and keep an eye out. OKay thanks. I mean, why they wrote it in the first place?
    Your fingers don't slip in 10 seconds while getting hit?  :D

I see no proof you use healing on a template from what you state. 

If you are actually doing 10 second heals with no slips.  Use your programable keyboard or mouse to click your bandage key every 10 seconds.

How long has CC been out?   Somehow we have been bandaging all these years, except easy button Sampires. They dont have to.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited January 11
    I have adjusted my play style to take more care, however i don't see why someone's preference for 2d graphics means they have to be given these penalties in the first place. They are huge issues to some people, maybe minor to others.
    Don't they want people on 2d? the community manager plays 2d too, are the forum mods going to start banning her streams for playing on cc?
    Pawain said:
    How long has CC been out?   Somehow we have been bandaging all these years

you mean people have been using a script to bandage for years to solve the problem, very few people at least in felucca on 2d do it manually due to this penalty that doesn't exist in EC. You can tell because, if they go afk, their char still applys bandages when they receive damage.
    Pawain said:
    Your fingers don't slip in 10 seconds while getting hit?  :D

yes they slip, but still heal a bit in the end, and that is a very good point, receiving damage you get a penalty,afaik
    Interruption will occur if the healer is hit for more than 26 damage by a monster or more than 19 damage by another player. The amount of damage healed will be reduced by 35% per interruption.

yet the CC penalty for preferring 2d graphics over 3d can give you a 100% reduction, whether your bandages slip or not. 

edited January 11
    Covfefe said:
    I have adjusted my play style to take more care, however i don't see why someone's preference for 2d graphics means they have to be given these penalties in the first place. They are huge issues to some people, maybe minor to others.
    Don't they want people on 2d? the community manager plays 2d too, are the forum mods going to start banning her streams for playing on cc?
    Pawain said:
    How long has CC been out?   Somehow we have been bandaging all these years

you mean people have been using a script to bandage for years to solve the problem, very few people in felucca on 2d do it manually due to this penalty that doesn't exist in EC. You can tell because, if they go afk, their char still applys bandages when they receive damage.
    Nothing you are saying is real or intelligible.  I guess since you only use illegal clients you dont know that pressing a keyboard or macro button again stops it.  

We are allowed to use macros in UO while we are at the keyboard, we can also use a stopwatch on our PC, we can ask Alexa to tell use when 30 minutes is up so we can re apply Whisper, maybe you did not know that.  Psst you can make Macros, AKA Scripts in both clients.  EC makes better ones, but I choose what I like.

No, I tried to use a 4 second one but when you get hit it throws off the time so I just wait for the little bandage icon to go away before I apply again.  Been doing that for years.

@MacroPlanet ; Now you see why threads get locked.  A certain party has to be the Main Character in every thread here.
    edited January 11
    is it you?

yes you wait for the icon to go away, but where the human error comes in is. in felucca you have maybe 8-15 buffs/debuffs running at any given time, and people use a ward removal talisman on you or you eat an enchanted apple, and the buffs rearrange themselves very much, so where you might think the buff has disappeared, it has just moved 10 tiles over, is a very easy mistake to make, again this penalty for the human error does not exist in EC.

If its not a problem, i guess nobody is using any script to apply bandages in CC as there is no reason to do so...
    Covfefe said:
    is it you?
    I did not hijack this thread, you brought up bandaging and I waited until others talked about bandaging.

IMO the Forum Mods do not keep the Forum a Positive Community Oriented Place.  Many more threads should be closed and more posters need banned.
    i only continued the conversation in this thread as the other thread was insta closed due to the mentioning of Classic client.
  • KelmainKelmain Posts: 12
    Forum moderation is a tough job. You know as a moderator that when you are put in a position by other where you should take action that you will end up ruffling some feathers yet still the moderation should be done.

I worked on a computer help desk for over 4 years and I knew every phone call would be from a grumpy person, the hard part was trying to make sure that when the call ended the person who rang felt happy about the conversation even if the user was at fault. No-one is perfect and mistakes will be made but it is incumbent upon everyone to at least try to see their faults and move forward.

I feel my next question is off topic but as a new user here and a returning player to UO I would like to ask about UOTrace (mentioned in this thread earlier). Is that still a thing? Is it updated, working and still available? and most importantly is it allowed? 
    edited January 11
    Pawain said:
    I guess since you only use illegal clients you dont know that pressing a keyboard or macro button again stops it. 

1 no need for personal attack and false accusation.
    2 that is the point entirely, pressing the keyboard macro to bandage self again on EC does nothing (correctly), however on CC it resets the timer back to 0. a 100% penalty.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,424
    What’s the bandage penalty in CC ? 
    edited January 11
    8 seconds bandages is max, not 10 sorry. I wish to correct 10 seconds penalty to max 8 seconds penalty for use of CC.
    edited January 12
    Begging your pardon @Rorschach but is seems you have not yet issued a retraction on your incorrect statement here  https://forum.uo.com/discussion/13627/any-future-plans-to-remove-penalties-for-playing-on-classic-client#latest

about there being no penalties, as I have described the clear penalties to cc users in detail. I’ll graciously accept a written apology. No need to hand in your resignation. yet.

you have made a human error, no penalty to you. Just like EC.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,001Moderator
    To be clear before I lock this. There is no penalty specific to CC, using the 'bandage self' action works exactly the same in both clients, however EC does have a 'work around' in that if you don't use the action and simply put bandages in a hot bar with 'target>self' the hot bar timer in itself prevents the action re-starting. Neither complaint that is expressed is an actual 'penalty' deliberately put in to hamper CC users as the complainant claims.
    However as that was not the topic of the thread, and on the whole the main topic appears to have been concluded, I will lock it to avoid further hijacking.
This discussion has been closed.