About that road map

So holidays are over can we get any information on what's coming up??

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Still not a peep from the developers so we should plan on nothing until spring when we'll get another terrible egg event ?? 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    first egg event was fun the second one sucked super boring imho hope we get something better this year. I wonder if there will be a valentines day clicky again
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    Now that all of the "holiday" events are over I think this is a valid question @Kyronix / @Community Manager .

I'm willing to keep my subscription going for a month or 2 if I know there is something worthwhile coming down the road but given the track record of this team; radio silence usually means we aren't getting anything anytime soon.
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited January 23
    keven2002 said:
    given the track record of this team; radio silence usually means we aren't getting anything anytime soon.

I hope there is something coming in the pipeline. I dont care about the new legacy thing. From what I can tell most of guild is not excited about it. But it would be nice to have another event in February.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    They usually don't announce things like this until March. Didn't ya'll have enough to do the last few months? Take a break, do the things you didn't do during all the winter/Christmas events, give the TEAM a break for a few months for pete's sake.

RE-build your BOD stash for next year etc.

and come spring we all want to be outside after being inside all winter and bored with nothing to do and miss the new events ...... :/
    IF ya'll ain't got nothin ta do, ya'll ain't playin UO Right ;)

that is true

I have plenty to do that doesn't excuse the developers lack of communication 
    edited January 23
    Like I said, if you look back YEARS, they usually do NOT say anything until March, it's not a lack of communication, it's just how it is, if you pay any attention at all.

Possibly something for Valentine's Day but not necessarily every year.

Larisa said:
    Like I said, if you look back YEARS, they usually do NOT say anything until March, it's not a lack of communication, it's just how it is, if you pay any attention at all.

Possibly something for Valentine's Day but not necessarily every year.
    It's been tolerated for years, yes still doesn't make it okay 
    SO no one deserves time off ever, got it :/

Unreal

• AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 243
    Larisa said:

Unreal

Don't they get time off?
    Isn't Ultima Online their job? Communication is part of the job.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    The other way of looking at it is, it's the opportunity to do player events without losing any and all participants to the ongoing global event? That's what Europa governors did last week.
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/13618/taking-to-the-seas-to-fund-the-town-buffs#latest
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    edited January 24
    Larisa said:
    They usually don't announce things like this until March. Didn't ya'll have enough to do the last few months? Take a break, do the things you didn't do during all the winter/Christmas events, give the TEAM a break for a few months for pete's sake.

Absolutely !

I actually enjoy having a few months pauses in between Events so as to be able to do stuff in UO which usually I lack the time to do during an Event since my available time to play is mostly focused on the ongoing Event.

And the winter time, with the Event, the Artisan Festival, Krampus and what not, is for me the worst time since there remains no time for me to do anything else in the game....

Gathering resources, whether mining, chopping wood or hunting Ships, getting saltpeter, going fishing or Treasure Hunting or down the Abyss to restock imbuing materials, doing BODs, to get Powder of Fortifying or Runic hammers or whatever else is needed, it is all gameplay which takes time, a significant amount of time... and pauses in between Events for a few Months (especially for those players who cannot log in to play daily...) are, to my opinion, very welcome since they make room to do what usually UO players might not have time to do in the game because they are focused on participating to the ongoing Event(s).

So, I am all in favour of a few months pauses in between Events in Ultima Online.
  • Larisa said:

The team I manage at work just finished a huge several month long project, and guess what my boss gave us the next project to work on.  Not "take a few months off paid for doing your job that you are paid to do" 

Larisa said:

Unreal

Don't they get time off?
    Isn't Ultima Online their job? Communication is part of the job.
    I have to agree with Atomic here.  
    The team I manage at work just finished a huge several month long project, and guess what my boss gave us the next project to work on.  Not "take a few months off paid for doing your job that you are paid to do"

So you think that the team is doing absolutely nothing right now?

They work every day, they are currently working on the upcoming events on top of what they do every day...they don't HAVE to post that, do they? Or do we just think that miraculously events just happen without any work being done on them?

• usernameusername Posts: 710
    We get nothing and like it!
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.