Free trial vs EJ

GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
edited December 2023 in General Discussions
EJ is only for returning player correct?  Some new players want to try how's that work

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    No EJ is for everyone.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Have never used ! Wasn't sure 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    Anyone can have an EJ account.  You just start playing.  Brand new players that have never played before, and don’t have a mentor, guild or someone else to take them under their wing usually play aimlessly for a couple hours and then go on to another game.  Thai’s pretty much my opinion.  Sorry UO.  That’s the way it is for new players.  I only continued playing after the trial period because it was free.  
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Basically EJ is a free trial with no time limit.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Grimbeard said:
    Have never used ! Wasn't sure 

I've got 110 of them. Very handy.

You don't even have to use a real email or tie to a master to make one. (another years ago report that wasn't fixed or acknowledged that i'll assume is intended gameplay)
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
    Mariah said:
    Basically EJ is a free trial with no time limit.
    Sorry but it is a lot more than that.  Look up the old Trial Account can/can't do.  An EJ Account should have been the old Trial Account with out the timer.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Yes there are a lot more restrictions on it, without which it would be even more abused than it already is.
    I don't have any EJ accounts, I can't see a need for them for someone who has more than one paid account, and why the heck anyone would need 110 of them I can't even imagine.
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited December 2023
    I have 110 of them for unlimited vvv consumables. They should fix that.

then people would have to play vvv towns, although I have stockpiled an awful lot so wouldn’t have to for a long time.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    A fresh ej character can join an established guild and join VvV with 2000 starter points. That's 4 supernova kegs per character. 2 characters per account. 800 nova pots per account. 

You're then put on the 7 day timer to delete that char and start with a new one with another 2000 points. 

I reported it when I first found it when VvV first came out. It should have been fixed immediately but the pvp club has always been last in line for anything. 

Other than that the uses are having a vet if your tamer dies or a bard for support.