Krampus slayer issue

Totally useless to a bard can we get fixed so we can apply to our instruments?? This is why we test things .....

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    edited December 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Totally useless to a bard can we get fixed so we can apply to our instruments?? This is why we test things .....

Hold the instrument in your hand when you click the tree.
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:

Hold the instrument in your hand when you click the tree.
     :D 
    I've asked for years to be able to equip instruments..
  • MitMit Posts: 38
    I agree.. I would totally add the slayer ability to my instrument rather than my bow.. even tho Krampus cant be provoed itself.. But those pesky trade run minions... ththttptpttttpt.. I like candycanes too much.. cant help but stop to kill em all..
    Mit said:
    I agree.. I would totally add the slayer ability to my instrument rather than my bow.. even tho Krampus cant be provoed itself.. But those pesky trade run minions... ththttptpttttpt.. I like candycanes too much.. cant help but stop to kill em all..
    You can already provoke minions onto each other and krampus. No slayer needed.  Shhh don't tell everyone about the candy canes.
    Yeah the ones that spawn with krampus are easy.. but the ones that spawn during the trade runs without spawning krampus are so hard to provo and they are fast and mean.. takes many many attempts..
    Add a Krampus instrument to the Clean up points guy then.
    Pawain said:
    Or just fix it so tree works and test next time 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    edited December 2023
    I did not see an increase in damage from Energy Bolt or Fireball when used on Krampus. Maybe the Krampus slayer attribute is similar to a tali and only works with weapons despite it showing on the spell book

Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    The tree works.  It wont put a slayer on my pet either.  It puts slayer on what is in your hand.
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    The tree works.  It wont put a slayer on my pet either.  It puts slayer on what is in your hand.
    Thank you for your opinion now let's let others express their opinions without another reply from you
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,952
    edited December 2023
    The bigges issue that I see with the Krampus slayer is, that as of now it does not work with PETs...

Why shouldn't Tamers' pets be able to also do more damage to Krampus ??

Why does it always have to be that Tamers in Ultima Online end up getting neglected ??

The Pet is " THE " weapon of a Tamer... not the spellbook being held but the PET.

Hence, it should be the Pet getting the ability to do extra damage, me thinks.
    popps said:
    The bigges issue that I see with the Krampus slayer is, that as of now it does not work with PETs...

Why shouldn't Tamers' pets be able to also do more damage to Krampus ??

Why does it always have to be that Tamers in Ultima Online end up getting neglected ??

The Pet is " THE " weapon of a Tamer... not the spellbook being held but the PET.

Hence, it should be the Pet getting the ability to do extra damage, me thinks.
    Go start your own thread popps instruments have always had slayers. pets never have..
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170
    I saw the thread title and I had hoped it was actually discussing a real issue which I think I have experienced.

Has anyone else noticed the Krampus slayer on their weapon (or spellbook) didn't last for 24 hours? I put it on my spellbook yesterday and within 3ish hours (I did not log out) it was gone from the spellbook and I couldn't get it reapplied by clicking the tree because it said I had to wait.

Anyone else notice that the Krampus slayer isn't last 24 hours on their spellbook/weapons?
  • keven2002 said:
    I saw the thread title and I had hoped it was actually discussing a real issue which I think I have experienced.

Has anyone else noticed the Krampus slayer on their weapon (or spellbook) didn't last for 24 hours? I put it on my spellbook yesterday and within 3ish hours (I did not log out) it was gone from the spellbook and I couldn't get it reapplied by clicking the tree because it said I had to wait.

Anyone else notice that the Krampus slayer isn't last 24 hours on their spellbook/weapons?
    Yes, mine only lasted 2 hours yesterday.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Isn't that the time the Pagan slayer lasts?
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,845
    edited December 2023
    Pawain said:
    Isn't that the time the Pagan slayer lasts?
    Not sure about that but the Publish notes had this in it. it clearly isn't lasting 24 hrs. You do have to wait 24 hrs to use it again, maybe the wording is wrong.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    edited December 2023
    I don't believe this is an issue. A 4x120 bard template that I play also is 120 mysticism/110 magery/110 focus. That character could, in theory, juice up a party with bard buffs, drop RCs or EVs against Krampus, control the minion spawn via provo and peace, hit Krampus with slayer damage from the spellbook (not a tremendous amount without eval, but still considerable with his SDI), and then also discord it via a slayer instrument. It's just too much for a high-level encounter.
    Jepeth said:
    I don't believe this is an issue. A 4x120 bard template that I play also is 120 mysticism/110 magery/110 focus. That character could, in theory, juice up a party with bard buffs, drop RCs or EVs against Krampus, control the minion spawn via provo and peace, hit Krampus with slayer damage from the spellbook (not a tremendous amount without eval, but still considerable with his SDI), and then also discord it via a slayer instrument. It's just too much for a high-level encounter.
    Too many 160 barding difficulty monsters and we could say 50sdi is strong enough or tgat warriors are too strong without a slayer bards just want a level playing field 
    Grimbeard said:
    Jepeth said:
    Too many 160 barding difficulty monsters and we could say 50sdi is strong enough or tgat warriors are too strong without a slayer bards just want a level playing field 
    Instead of just complaining, provide a solution.  Like, put a Krampus slayer instrument on the Turn in guy, since you can get the points with candy canes. Just complaining about everything is not a solution.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 202
    If you switch weapons you loose the Krampus slayer ... Did that by accident
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    Grimbeard said:
    Jepeth said:

This would require us to think that Mage/Warrior/Bard are synonymous as damage-dealing templates unto themselves. I don't really think this anymore, not after playing as a bard/something on a variety of other templates like bard/tamer, bard/mage, bard/archer.

I also don't think, as Pawain suggests, that the solution is to just have a Krampus slayer instrument. I see that like the very recent SDI powercreep which attempts to level mages and warrior templates, but doesn't really address the root of the disparity between mages and warriors (a topic for another thread).

What I would like, and perhaps you should be putting your inexhaustible forum time towards, is advocating for new mechanics that continue to position bards as special templates that are intended to synergize with others in group play. Imagine songs that slow movement, or increase faster casting, or for free-mana automatically repeat the last three spell effects in a row, damage or health on a target. There's a lot more we can do with bards than just treat them like damage-dealers.
    vortex said:
    If you switch weapons you loose the Krampus slayer ... Did that by accident
    I switched weapons often.  The Krampus slayer stayed on my weapon for 4 hours, then I forgot I was testing it and logged onto a different character for a while, and the slayer was gone when I returned. So, I would have to test another day.  :|
    How bout a minion slayer instrument on the turn in guy. That would be more inline.
    Krampus cant be provoed or anything provoed onto him..

Mit said:

Don't confuse the OP with facts.  :D
    edited December 2023
    Mit said:

Minions can be provoked onto each other and why are so many things non bardable lets have monsters immune to melee and spell damage or ones your pet won't attack 
    Shadow Elementals and Valorite Elementals are immune to both spells and pets.. But that is the only 2 I am aware of.. 

Mit said:
    Shadow Elementals and Valorite Elementals are immune to both spells and pets.. But that is the only 2 I am aware of.. 

We prefer shadow eles to be immune to most pet damage.  Earthquake will kill them.