No maps/ Chests on Para rune beetles??

Me and my guild have killed about a million para rune beetles and not one map or chest, Is anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    Only Mobs that normally have maps can have para chests.  The unique chest is from Kappas.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    I used to get maps off Rune Beetles before the 2019 T-Map update. I haven't hunted Rune Beetles in ages but I know they used to have maps.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    Out of all the lich' that i have killed during this event
    I only looted 1 treasure map from their corpse
    and it wasn't from a paragon

this was during the first week or so on Atlantic
    and I killed more creatures on that shard
    than I normally do on Sonoma during this event

Its actually easier to get the sea serpent and kraken chests
    than the other ones
    UO lists Rune Beetles as having maps.  UOGuide does not.

I have not seen a map or chest on them.  
    Yeah so I'm confused. I know I've gotten maps off of Rune Beetles in the past. I have gotten TONS of lich chests, of course lol. Finally got a few para skelly dragons chests last night. My guildie is trying to complete his para chest collection and we spend lots of times on the Rune Beetles.

Larisa said:
    Yeah so I'm confused. I know I've gotten maps off of Rune Beetles in the past. I have gotten TONS of lich chests, of course lol. Finally got a few para skelly dragons chests last night. My guildie is trying to complete his para chest collection and we spend lots of times on the Rune Beetles.
    Beetlescape is the only place I have done luck hours. The beetles and mages are so thick on the coast that I rarely go to the kappa there or the mountain. 

I played there long ago but I can't recall why, but it wasn't for maps. So, I can't say whether they had them in the past.

But one of the websites says they have maps.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    edited December 2023
    *edited to compensate for lack of sleep*
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    actually those lists you've posted are the guardians that spawn when you dig a map!
    this is the list of map carrying monsters

Yet from this thread in 2019, people insist that Rune Beetles used to carry maps and after the T-Map update, things that carried them didn't anymore.

I know I used to get maps off Rune Beetles.

• Mariah said:
    actually those lists you've posted are the guardians that spawn when you dig a map!

LOL! Yep, that's what happens when you've been up 36 hours working. Thanks @Mariah
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Mariah said:

So you are telling @Larisa that Rune Beetles never had a map?  

>:) 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    seems so, sorry :(  I have gotten chests from revenant lions, ladys of the snow, fan dancers and lesser hiryu.
    I will just say that they probably forgot to code them back in, because I know I used to get them off Rune Beetles.

Not a big deal, now I can stop farming Rune Beetles and go back to Winter Spur were the drops are much faster! :)

Ya'll rock!

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    edited December 2023
    Larisa said:
    because I know I used to get them off Rune Beetles.

Correct. I used to trash them when farming bokutos. Not common at all though.