What do you use your theif for?

Comments

• ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    I use my thief to steal the artifacts in dungeons and the sigils in VvV. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,339
    1. stealing artifacts in doom, fan dancers etc
    2. stealing from monsters - those special potions last a full 30 minutes and can be very useful
    3. stealing in Exodus,  even when I'm not after exodus keys 
    You can see those last 2 here 

4. I have stolen sigils in vvv, but mostly that was so that I could write about it when I had 'Petra's Pages' guide site. Although at the request of someone on another site I kept the page with the sigil locations hidden :D  (not this site I might add).  I'm not really a pvper, although dodging pvper's looking for my stealthing thief was fun.

Last word (joking), be glad Rico's not here, he used to get really uptight about the spelling of thief :D  Anyone remember that?
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,733

Last word (joking), be glad Rico's not here, he used to get really uptight about the spelling of thief :D  Anyone remember that?
    LA ;)
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    It looks like you can find jewels faster as a dungeon theif than a GM miner @Petra_Fyde ;

Do the monsters have special potions that cannot be found on corpses, but can be stolen?
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited May 2018
    I wish ALL thieves used the EC, especially on Siege.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    Some steal from unsuspecting guildmates in tram, unless your guild is inactive and there only a few on at any given time.

It looks like you can find jewels faster as a dungeon theif than a GM miner @ Petra_Fyde 

Do the monsters have special potions that cannot be found on corpses, but can be stolen?
    Yes, if you're in the right place. If you read the link I posted above under 'potions' you will see what potions you can get, but only when stealing in Fel dungeons or at a champion spawn. Some people like champ spawns, but I prefer fel - only don't tell the pvpers I'm there :D
    There's also an item called a smuggler's edge that can be bought from the store. https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/smugglers-edge/ ; The character I use that on has a more mixed skill set, having swords with her stealing skill and no hide or stealth.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,793
    Question: If you are trying to steal something from a NPC vendor's locked crate do you need the snooping skill even though you can see into the crate after you unlock and untrap it?
    edited May 2018
    No, snooping is used for targeted stealing from back packs and I admit my character didn't have it until Exodus boxes came in because I don't steal from players. It's not needed for crates and chests, and it's not used for random steal, which is what you use for stealing from monsters.

For Exodus snooping is used passively, you can't open Zealot's back packs, but if you don't have snooping in your template you can only get gold from them and not the special items.
  • SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    I recently dropped stealing onto my Tamer (removed Med) and i'm having a blast.
    It's funny to set your pet on a monster and then casually walk upto it and "pick its pockets". :D