Holiday Champ doomed to FAIL

The auto script running cheats that plague this Tokuno event will just switch to the next event running it for honest players

When do WE come first Mesanna?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,107
    If fail means Ill get a main drop on every toon I use and scores of participation drops, then yes, it will fail.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • lol nope, the auto script towing scripters will just infest this champ. I presume it will be a lazy tier 1 drop system like before and then they will abandon. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    Jack, please read the publish notes?
    There are multiple participation drops, which I believe will keep people doing it?

Also, I don't know where you've been hunting on Europa, but I've been happily doing the event with no problems from auto scripts at all. If you don't want to put up with them, hunt where they're not, as I do.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 910
    edited December 2023
    Minax and Luka are just 2 that will disagree with you in Makoto waste right now, clearly using auto follow target cheat program, the speed of them and the way they target nearest. Breathtaking speed and I remember when I use dot play CC that auto follow was clunky and slow, not what they are doing at all. Of course this player might be an octopus with 2 set of eyes or a terminator, go take a look, the Gm's and Mesanna are certainly not bothering 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,107
    There is a cover up, I found this article that was not printed in the Town Crier.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    I have no interest in looking what the cheaters are doing. I want to play the game and get my own drops. I do that by playing where they aren't. Mostly from the revenant lions south of the moongate, up the road as far as the tsuki wolves and then along the mountain and down to Citadel. 
  • Terminators! I knew it. SKYNET has infiltrated UO
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited December 2023
    You can take a look at ANY shard right now there are the same 50-100 characters running 23/7 for the entire duration of the event. 

So much for 'legitimate players selling the items' as they're down to as low as 500k/each on several shards. Imagine trying to sell these items when you're competing with people that press play and go afk. I'd bet 99%+ of the market are items farmed via cheat programs. At current RMT rates you 'legitimate players selling the items' are fighting bots for pennies an hour. I love being gaslit when players tell me they make money off these ToTs, it makes my day.

These ToTs have become an AFK botfarm payday and the bootlickers will cope somehow and not see the fact these items need to become ACCOUNT BOUND.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited December 2023
    The auto script running cheats that plague this Tokuno event will just switch to the next event running it for honest players

When do WE come first Mesanna?

Oh and yes these 3rd party programs Mesanna refuses to do anything about have a built in auto champ spawn farmer I've been told. Lol good luck with the new spawn, play right in to their hands once again.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    That's enough.
    Mesanna has not 'refused' to do anything about these things, and you do her a wrong by claiming it.
    Kyronix posted:

Do not discuss unapproved 3rd party programs or clients.  This is something on our radar and we aren't going to discuss any action we are taking publicly.  If you want to comment on this topic email uo@broadsword.com
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12904/pvp-updates-discussion-thread/p1