Cannot log in after patching

LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
edited November 2023 in General Discussions
Just a heads up, lots of issues with this patch.

Cannot communicate, freezing up, stuck on the verifying screen. Did a full file check.

This is all I get. Full File check, shut it down 9 times already.

So the patch is broken somewhere, anyone STILL on the game, DO NOT shut it down lol.

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    edited November 2023
    I wonder if they are implementing the "One IP" change and you are getting falsely flagged.

<edit> I backed up my EC files and patched.  I too was unable to log in using the patched files.  I reverted to the back up copy and I was able to log in when directly launching UOSA.exe

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I can't even get that far lol.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    If you use CC and log in multiple accounts do this:

Patch, when patch is done hit cancel.
    Open game, notice it does a small patch again. Hit cancel when done.
    Open game one more time, patches are done, but hit cancel 1 more time.

Now you can open the game and it works fine after a patch.

But this must be an old thread, lots of players are in UO right now.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    edited November 2023
    They fixed it a few minutes ago - if you logged in before the patch went live you were fine.
    Marge said:
    They fixed it a few minutes ago - if you logged in before the patch went live you were fine.
    Oh the people that supposedly do nothing fixed it... :D  
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    Yeah I figured they'd fix it pretty quick, just gotta let them know that it was borked a bit! ;)

Now to find the new spawn. Rugs looks nice! Love the character names on the stockings, that's a nice touch.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Larisa said:
    Yeah I figured they'd fix it pretty quick, just gotta let them know that it was borked a bit! ;)

Now to find the new spawn. Rugs looks nice! Love the character names on the stockings, that's a nice touch.

Not yet Larisa!

A Symphony of Snow & Samurai – Champ Spawn [Phase 116.3]

• Following the conclusion of the Treasures of the Feudal Lands on  Wednesday, December 20, 2023 11:59:00 AM GMT-05:00 a new champ spawn will become active following the completion of regular maintenance on every shard.  Deployment is expected to be completed by noon the day following completion of said maintenance.

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    I know but the patch went in so I like to look around to see if maybe they snuck it in on TC ;)

They like to be sneaky!!

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    We definitely should be testing the spawn before it goes live 
    Grimbeard said:
    What has ever been wrong with a spawn? They can tweak participation drops while active. But they already did and probably will not again.
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    What has ever been wrong with a spawn? They can tweak participation drops while active. But they already did and probably will not again.
    You may feel free to not test 
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    So you can not answer the question, as to what has ever been wrong with a spawn event.  Therefor, no testing needed. Sounds like you just want a sneak peak.  We know the rewards.  They could plop a tree on TC and test that.
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    So you can not answer the question, as to what has ever been wrong with a spawn event.  Therefor, no testing needed. Sounds like you just want a sneak peak.  We know the rewards.  They could plop a tree on TC and test that.
    Your opinion is note and no further comments from you are needed however others might also feel we should test
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    If I've understood the situation correctly the treasures spawn needs to be gone before the champion spawn starts, and the treasures event is still active on test center.