Why is event so anti bard

I think we should add one monster completely immune to melee damage one monster completely immune to all magic and one monster pets will not attack even while guarding this will level the playing field for bards who must deal with ninja ronin and skelly dragons...

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
     B) 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    I have been begging for a long time to have these Events be friendly also to other types of Templates.... Bards, Spellcasters, Tamers, Rogues etc. etc. .... unfortunately, so far I keep having to use a Warrior to participate to these Events since trying to accumulate points towards Rewards with other types of Templates is far from being as effective...

Which, to my opinion, is unfortunate since the beauty of Ultima Online is its variety yet, if players cannot use other Templates at these Events other then Warriors since they would slow down way too much their ability to accumulate points towards Rewards, this variety cannot be used by players and thus we mostly see Warriors being used at these Events....
  • vortexvortex Posts: 202
    I see plenty of tamers and spellcasters doing this event...
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
     @popps take it elsewhere. this is pure 480 skill points bard country, no other template invest so many skill points just to be a support character.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    It's seems like the same people keep saying the same thing over and over for every single thing in UO. You guys want to be able to play every single piece of content as your blacksmith and do just as good as the top templates in the game, we get it...give it a break.

I think we all know that this event falls in line with the rest of the game as far as "hunting" is concerned.Who is doing Doom / Shadowguard / etc? It's primarily warriors/tamers and this event is no different. You can do those things with a bard but it's not as efficient and this event is the same way. I've played UO for 26 years (off and on) and at no point in my time have I ever used my bard as my primary "fighter". He's primarily been a support char and once again, just like the past 26 years, it's no different than before.

It's easy to see why people get frustrated/annoyed with popps because time after time he ignores everything people tell him in one of the many other threads he starts about "how to do the event". I told popps multiple times that this time around (and Deceit last year) I'm using a spellcaster because it's just as efficient if not more with the bot trains running around.

You guys are both like broken records on a bad track, get something new or at least complain about something that makes sense.
    We keep complaining because nothing changes and i promise no one works harder for drops then a Bard
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    edited November 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    We keep complaining because nothing changes and i promise no one works harder for drops then a Bard
    It would be hilarious if the Devs did the same thing you did - suddenly Kyronix would have 1000 posts complaining about you.

Btw being lumped into the same group as popps (by saying "we") is never a good thing. Think about the company you keep and what that does to your arguments.

Btw - what's the definition of insanity? Keep doing the same thing and expecting different outcomes? Maybe you should go play guitar hero if you are so hurt about lack of bard focus in a 26 year old  warrior/wizard game.
    keven2002 said:
    Grimbeard said:
    It would be hilarious if the Devs did the same thing you did - suddenly Kyronix would have 1000 posts complaining about you.

Btw being lumped into the same group as popps (by saying "we") is never a good thing. Think about the company you keep and what that does to your arguments.

Btw - what's the definition of insanity? Keep doing the same thing and expecting different outcomes? Maybe you should go play guitar hero if you are so hurt about lack of bard focus in a 26 year old  warrior/wizard game.
    Bards were better than sampires at one point 
  • Grimbeard said:
    I will disagree and say my crafter worked harder with his only offensive capability being 70 points in magery. I was bored and took him in with a full mage suit and some scrolls and got a few drops just to be able to say I did it.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited November 2023
    My view on this, is there should be a hierarchy of character power, vs the intelligence and skill required to play it.

A Sampire, is the most basic character in the game, it should be a low level grinder.

A warrior is next.

A Paladin is next.

Tamers are next.

A Mage, is the most high level character in the game, so should have the mass killing power, as it requires far more skill to play it.

Bards - have to be acknowledged as one of the higher level templates, and therefore should have high-end power, and abilities.

That is where I think UO is going wrong now, which it did not used to do.

It is playing/being built/developed for the bottom level, and not aspiring for those who want to play harder, do better, use more skill. The best players have to sit and watch, while low level players just wipe the game, on low level, poorly thought out characters.

So I support the Bards, from a different perspective, they should not be where they are right now.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    I disagree 

A player should not have to play a set character template to "win".

To my way of thinking the developers have failed as soon as you can go to a list and "win" by making this type of character with this set of skill and this gear.

If you enjoy playing a tamer/bard/fisherman go for it and ignore the people who think you can win  UO

I hope they keep on with the policy of nurfing the top most used template.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited December 2023
    From what I've observed bards are super helpful in a party with 9 other characters that all move, cast, and attack in sync.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.