Event shoes wrong race allocation?

JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 910
edited November 2023 in General Discussions
I have just claimed a pair of stealth shoes for the event, and it seems they are mixed up, the human ones are listed as gargoyle and vice versa.  Can this be fixed please, I just claimed a pair of shoes I cannot wear?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    Yes. I noticed that also but forgot.

The garg ones are cut for claws.

I have not  claimed any so not sure if you get what's in the picture.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    shoe.png 191.9K
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    I'm not sure what you're looking at, but that image is correct. The feudal ghostwalkers Human are ninja tabi and the gargoyle ones are the same style as the bogling hide mukluks

• ok, not a big deal, hopefully this will help others to not make this mistake
    Why do they look like they have spots for the garg toes.  
    edited November 2023
    I believe you.  Now I remember that I did not mention it because someone said they were those waji tabis in the TC thread about the rewards.

They just look like the toes are made for chicken feet.

And out of town so I can't log in and look at stuff.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    Tried them out on my human mage.  They look a little funny but appear to work just fine.  He could wear them and his stats. in each skill increased.  The graphics might be mixed up but the shoes appear to work fine.
    edited November 2023
    RL Ninja Tabis have a place for the big toe.

So that's why they are not like shoes in UO. Or to me Chicken Shoes.

The Garg Ghostwalkers have the same graphic as the Garg Mukluks.

• got me thinking now,  has anyone actually got a stealth gargoyle? is it viable?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    got me thinking now,  has anyone actually got a stealth gargoyle? is it viable?
    I'm sure there are some stealth gargs but I'm guessing it's not many. 

These items fall into the same bucket as the garg version of the hammer pick (and many other previous rewards) where converting the human/elf version straight over to Garg isn't an equal 1 for 1 swap due to differences between the races.

The last 4-5 event I've been asking that Gargs get some direct attention rather than creating items for human/elves first than just altering it for a garg version. There are a few nuances for a garg that just don't translate over (like yukio earrings). I think there should be at least 1 item every event that is geared towards a gargoyle because at the end of the day there are items (like this event's Hiryu) that are geared towards non-gargs. I don't think it would hurt to have some sort of high end earrings for only gargs or a soul glaive (no bow equiv) that would help bring them more in line with human/elf toons.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    The graphics are not mixed up,

Remember the Mucklucks?