Why does Anyone still play this game?

Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 312
edited May 2018 in General Discussions
Seriously, why?   My sister has page and begged for help because she loses connection 20+ times  a night.  We've turned her laptop and our home Wifi inside out and found nothing.   The same thing happens on the University Wifi which is 50x stronger and bigger than our home Wifi. 

Comments

• crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    I get a pretty timely response from broadsword customer support, and the in game GM's. I get disconnected maybe one time per day, what is your ping? 
  • I get a pretty timely response from broadsword customer support, and the in game GM's. I get disconnected maybe one time per day, what is your ping? 
    Okay Crunchy, here is my ping.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    If she runs hard wired to the modem does she lose con?
    I mean ping to the server... it changes based on your location
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I don't know how they can fix your specific circumstance. Can you stay logged onto other online games?  

I am online for 8 hours a day (not always doing anything).  I rarely get disconnected. The most common one is when I am going from the Silver Sapling to Medusa. I have someone follow and invis me if I stop.  The other account sitting in Luna does not disconnect when that happens.

Good Luck!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I'm not sure which will come first, I quit playing UO, or you and Sis graduate from college. 
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 312
    edited May 2018
    I'm not sure which will come first, I quit playing UO, or you and Sis graduate from college. 

Actually I graduated Saturday May 12th, @ 1:00 pm CDT from Roger State University with my Bachelors in Business Information Technology, Network Administration,
    Anything else Wiseguy? 
  • Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 312
    edited May 2018
    Pawain said:
    I don't know how they can fix your specific circumstance. Can you stay logged onto other online games?  

I am online for 8 hours a day (not always doing anything).  I rarely get disconnected. The most common one is when I am going from the Silver Sapling to Medusa. I have someone follow and invis me if I stop.  The other account sitting in Luna does not disconnect when that happens.

Good Luck!
    It happens on Legends but not on Atlantic.   Its something on Legends Shard.  I have done everything I can think of short of hacking Broadsword and look at the shards from their side which is illegal.   She has stayed on tonight longer than anytime since December.   She can be just decoing one of our houses, or running around luna bank. She has lost conn everywhere.
    IMHO I think someone is running some kind of 3rd party app that hogs bandwidth.  That's my 2 cents.
  • Bilbo said:
    If she runs hard wired to the modem does she lose con?
    Actually I tried a hardwired connection, same thing.  Any other ideas?

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I guess, to answer your question...the rest of us don't have a bad connection.
    If your sister is getting disconnected but you are not, when on the same shard at home, then it suggests the problem is at your end.
    If your sister is using the same laptop at Uni and gets disconnected then the common factor here is the laptop, just saying.
    Computers are fickle things.
    We had a lot of problems with the connection going up and down on Wi-fi, things improved a lot when we had it hard-wired, sometimes take a while for the connection to settle down when you make changes.
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99

Actually I graduated Saturday May 12th, @ 1:00 pm CDT from Roger State University with my Bachelors in Business Information Technology, Network Administration,
    Anything else Wiseguy? 
    shouldn't you be able to diag a connectivity issue then, wiseguy? I've been in the field for 20 years, the issue you're describing isn't on their end.
  • sibblesibble Posts: 112
    Unbelievable how some people ask for help...

Maybe it's caused by a bad hop, try WTFast there's a free trial and it'll give you a good idea of what's going on.
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    Have you tried a different wireless usb adaptor and/or making sure the device isnt set it turn off to save power?  Could be the firewall/internet security program?     Are you able to log in on her account on your laptop/pc and experience the same thing? 
    for the record, you and everyone else knows why ppl still play this game, its still the most fun
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453

Anything else Wiseguy? 

Since you added the wiseguy, I can reply with confidence. Congratulations on your 8 year bachelors degree.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Having established that the problem is client side rather than server side I believe this thread is complete.
This discussion has been closed.