Cu Sidhe will have no slayer on musical instruments or bows if changed to only Wolf.

PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
edited May 2018 in Bugs
@Kyronix ; @Misk

A Cu Sidhe has over 129 barding difficulty. The only slayer for them right now is a Fey slayer you buy with points.

No Wolf slayers drop on instruments.  They have no super slayer to imbue and wolf is not an imbue choice and that wont help instruments anyway.

We need them to stay in Wolf and Fey category or have a cleanup Instrument for a new Canine group.

Or start putting Wolf Slayers or Canine slayer instruments on corpses.

I prefer leaving them in Wolf and Fey because I bought a bunch of Fey slayer Instruments.  Also that would allow them to have a slayer imbued on weapons. Like they are now.

Thanks
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,975Moderator
    Further to my research for this thread: https://forums.uo.com/post/quote/798/Comment_5912 I imbued a 3rd dagger with fey slayer.
    Fighting cu sidhe on test center a few minutes ago.
    ubws 40% di dagger gave 15 - 19 damage figures
    ubws 40% di wolf slayer gave 33 - 39 damage
    ubws 40% di fey slayer gave 47 - 56 damage.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    edited May 2018
    I use my archer bard to discord the normal ones onto the paragons.  Takes forever without the slayer instrument.

How did you make a wolf slayer weapon?

Wouldn't I need a bow?  ubws works with archery?

no, ubws doesn't work with archery - sorry I should have explained better.
    The wolf slayer can't be made, but there is one in game, misericord, a dagger from the virtue quest. My only warrior has swords skill, so to use misericord I needed to make it ubws. Therefore I crafted the plain and fey slayer weapons the same way, ubws daggers.
    What I discovered from my results is, while cu sidhe on test center are now vulnerable to wolf slayer, they are also still vulnerable to fey slayer, so you will be able to continue to use your fey slayer instruments on them.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Wolf slayer presumably does more damage? As it’s a specific slayer rather than a super slayer?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

That was what I expected, but as you can see from what I posted above, it was not what I observed. Wolf slayer did 2x damage, fey slayer 3x damage.
    They have it backwards
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,121Dev
    It was added to Wolf Slayer, not removed from Fey.
    Can this ticket remain open? As the super slayer is doing more damage than the specific slayer. Which is not correct.

Kyronix said:
    It was added to Wolf Slayer, not removed from Fey.
    Thanks.  They are difficult to bard without the slayer instrument.
    Maybe I need to clarify:
    Bug is currently wolf slayer deals double damage to cu sidhe, fey slayer deals triple damage.

Expected result: wolf slayer is a single slayer so is supposed to yield triple damage
    fey slayer is super slayer so is supposed to yield double damage

bump,
    Fey slayer (super slayer) is still dealing more damage to Cu Sidhe than wolf slayer (single slayer)

I quote from the uo wiki:
    "
    • Super Slayer Weapons will do double damage to the monsters they are meant for.
    • “Single Slayers” or Slayers that fall into a Super Slayer subcategory will do triple damage"

edited July 2020
    Mervyn said:
    bump,
    Fey slayer (super slayer) is still dealing more damage to Cu Sidhe than wolf slayer (single slayer)

I quote from the uo wiki:
    "
    • Super Slayer Weapons will do double damage to the monsters they are meant for.
    • “Single Slayers” or Slayers that fall into a Super Slayer subcategory will do triple damage"

They left Cu Sidhes as Fey. Wolf shouldn't do any extra damage.

(Leaving them as Fey was in some patch notes a long time ago)
    If this is the case @Mariah please correct the wiki that shows cu sidhe under wolf slayer 
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/slayer-property-items/

The most recent reference to cu sidhe I can find in publish notes is Publish 100
    which says:
    The Cu Sidhe is now considered a wolf with regard to slayer damage, the Cu Sidhe also remains vulnerable to fey slayer.
    I made this thread because of that proposed change.  I read somewhere that they did not do this change based on what I brought up.  There is no way to make or find or buy a wolf slayer instrument and the only wolf slayer weapon that I know of is the quest knife.

So a Cu Sidhe would not have a slayer for bards or warriors unless they use that knife.  Many Tamers use peace taming. And Cu Sidhes are probably the most tamed creature in UO. You have to kill Paragons to make more spawn so you need a slayer that can be imbued and found on a weapon other than the single knife.

Why are you stabbing Cus with misericord @Mervyn .   Move on to real bugs that don't involve pets.  There are plenty.

As quoted by Kyronix
    "It was added to Wolf Slayer, not removed from Fey."

So you would still be able to use fey slayers (just not so effectively) 

However Wolf slayer invasion spellbooks would be more effective. 

Rules help control the fun

• MiskMisk Posts: 61Dev
    Pawain said:
    I prefer leaving them in Wolf and Fey because I bought a bunch of Fey slayer Instruments.
    Cu Sidhe were only added to the Wolf super slayer category.  They were not removed from the Fey super slayer category.
    Mervyn said:
    This is currently working as intended.  Wolf Slayer is a standard super slayer category which results in the 200% damage increase while Fey Slayer is a special super slayer category that results in the 300% damage increase.  Fey Slayer has been at 300% damage increase since 2004 (Publish 28).
    edited August 2020
    are you sure you don't have that backwards?
    if not, the wiki needs to be corrected

could you please give an example of one other special super slayer and one other standard super slayer?

I thought special super slayers were, demon, fey, undead, repond, arachnid, elemental (and Eodon) which are subject to 200% (but cover a wider range of creatures)

edited August 2020
    Take your defeat like an adult.

He said they fit in a unique place.  They are special.

There are no instruments for them, there is no way to Imbue Wolf slayer. So the devs left them where they began and Fey slayer gives full bonus.  Just like it does on the Fey Peerless and etc.
    edited August 2020
    Okay, @Mariah please correct your wiki. The super slayers are now undead, demon, repond, arachnid, and wolf...  (there’s no opposite to wolf, and wolf slays about 5 things..)

edited August 2020
    I haven't yet received a wolf slayer cameo

All Mondain Legacy slayers are super slayers and do not have an opposing slayer. I have made some revisions to the page in light of my clearer understanding of the property
    okay i understand it now. I think