3 new weapons

Only one a gargoyle. why?

Comments

• I always found the separation between garg & non-garg equippale items kind of silly. It just artificially bloats the loot table for no reason.
    I would find it much better, if we could just switch between the two. I.e. something like we have with the mage guild master for toggling mage armor property. Just add an NPC which can toggle it for us. A 250k fee would also be perfectly fine.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    There has been quite a bit of disparity between Garg weapons vs non-Garg weaps for some time. The reason is, as stated by PlayerSkill in a different thread, Garg warriors are almost always throwers which limits their weapons to 3 different ones because melee Gargs lose out compared to human/elves due to the lack of the additional armor slot/properties along with lack of damage reduction from mounts.

So regardless if people could have a Sampire Garg pay an NPC to use a double axe for whirlwind/double strike they wouldn't because human/elves get more of a beefy tank.

My opinion is that the next ToT event, they really need to focus on Garg specific items even if there aren't human equivalents because they need to catch up. That means there should be a Soul Glaive with like 75% ML / 50% velocity / 50% lightning / 20% SSI / 50% Damage Inc / random 100% damage type.... even if there isn't a comp bow that matches. Likewise for Garg Earrings... they should get something similar to Balron Chest (but earrings) to help bridge the gap between stats versus a non-garg char.
  • looploop Posts: 309
    Thrakkar said:
    I always found the separation between garg & non-garg equippale items kind of silly. It just artificially bloats the loot table for no reason.
    I would find it much better, if we could just switch between the two. I.e. something like we have with the mage guild master for toggling mage armor property. Just add an NPC which can toggle it for us. A 250k fee would also be perfectly fine.
    Poor, shortsighted design, which can never be rectified at this point. For every item they add they now have to duplicate a gargoyle version, even if no one will ever use it.

It would have been better if items simply turned into their gargoyle versions upon being equipped, such that the paperdoll and character artwork just updated automatically, leaving throwing weapons as the only “gargoyle only” equipment.

It’s a shame because I think a lot of the gargoyle artwork is really neat.