Why do we keep getting gargoyle melee weapons

Until the damage reduction imbalance is fix there will continue to be little to no gargoyle melee characters yet we get melee weapons as reward choices please give us the stats from disc mace on a glavine @Kyronix ;

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,113
    Compound bow next.  Since you don't know what the Garg weapons are called, you get a reject.

There are fewer Melee garg characters because players do the easy button swords sampires.

Gargs have their own characteristics and they can fly away from danger. Never have to res their pet. Dont have to wait 10 seconds to switch characters.

I have a garg macer, I can show you how to play it on LS.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Look how cool the garg melee weapons look:

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    and i have a ninja weaver fisher pally but that don't mean anything either. look around you at events see any gargoyle melee character? nope there is a reason for that....and despite your toeing of the party lines facts are facts 
    edited October 2023
    The fact is they are all swords sampires if they are melee. Don't be like another poster. Make something before you say it can not be done. 

Also Gargs get garg armor, Not many of us want to collect that. You wont get a Bone Helmet you can sell for 20M+

Berserk works when you take 20% damage,  Damage reduction would ruin that.

So you can ask all the time, they made them have racial abilities, you just have to learn how to use them.  They are not going to contradict the ability.
  • There does need to be a general sweep of gargoyle v. human equipment differences.  The bless ability, luck (no 300 luck neck slot item), penalty related to earrings, etc are all well documented in the bugs sub-forum.  Even the resists on the artifact trade-ins should be getting another ~3 per resist to be on par with the base resist differences in gargoyle armor.

As another example, the abhorrence crossbow should have a glaive equivalent drop (or conversion at the artificer).  The Bow of the Infinite swarm is a good example of something that *can* be converted to a gargoyle glaive.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,846
    edited October 2023
    I do have a couple of Gargoyle Melee characters that I use, the problem (imo) is the availability of weapons with the right special moves combo's . If there was a Gargish Double axe and a Gargish Radiant Scimitar, you would possibly see more Melee Mongbats but they are viable.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• My first Gargoyle char (Balthazar) was a Swordsman, before i swapped him to Throwing. Garg Melee lack a lot of the same Special Move combinations, Swampy Damage Reduction, an equipment slot (Earrings, the increased base Resists on Garg Armor no longer matters, due to how easy it is to cap Resists with Legendary Artifacts), and even Garg Macing weps lack the innate Stamina damage that some human Macing weps have. I did a post on Stratics about that back in 2014.
    https://community.stratics.com/threads/stam-damage.320884/