Using VPN to buy code Legal or Not?

creampiecreampie Posts: 82
edited August 2023 in General Discussions
there is a guy named **** spamming in almost all discord forum telling people to buy code 6 months code and 5k sovereign and more for 13$ instead of 60 usd using a vpn to buy them cheaper. The guy say it's 100% legal and safe so im posting to know if it s true.

name removed by Mariah

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    Yes if you can figure out how to go to those countries   UO sites and buy using a card that does not charge conversion fees. 10 bucks a month is cheap enough for me not to hassle with that.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • styxstyx Posts: 20
    edited August 2023
    well, he said, buy at your own risk.
    I heard that 3 people already got the codes deleted from their accounts and EA banned the accounts, so Good Job *****, teaching people how to get banned.

and isnt this ***** the guy that script gate to his castle 24/7?
    name removed by Mariah
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    edited August 2023
    If you are buying from the EA store in another country, they are real.  If you are buying from someone using a stolen CC, then they will be tagged as stolen when the owner notifies the card company.

Is Discord a good source to buy from?  I don't know.  Monthly renewal works for me until my card expires.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    If it's valid code purchased with valid cash, why not?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited August 2023
    Buying codes from the store legally is, illegal? Mesanna is going to come to your house herself and arrest you. :D Hopefully she uses the fluffy-cuffs.

People have been doing this forever, where have you been? I personally take vacation every 6-months exactly and buy codes while I'm in the said country and you can't prove otherwise.
    styx said:
    well, he said, buy at your own risk.
    I heard that 3 people already got the codes deleted from their accounts and EA banned the accounts, so Good Job *****, teaching people how to get banned.
    You should tell those people not to their parents credit cards without permission and they chargeback/dispute the charges. Also feel free to PM me the name of the person for uh research purposes. My next 6-month vacation is coming up soon ;)
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 392
    its legal in any country VPNs are legal.  EAs losing a ton of money, i dont know anyone who pays 60 anymore when you can get them for 12-15 easily.  without getting into details, codes that cheap directly contribute to in game inflation.

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    edited August 2023
    Can you apply multiple 6 month codes at once ? 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2023
    Skett said:
    Can you apply multiple 6 month codes at once ? 
    Answer is yes, my accounts last till 2025.

Considering the lack of bug fix, New expansion, gm support and cheaters running amok, etc, I don't mind the cheaper price. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs