away from the search icon ?

can you move

Comments

• HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    Looks like you are a fisher
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,435
    Or a pirate thief 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,064
    if we can not move the loot all can we fix the search so you don't have to close and open every time you search for a new fish ?? @Kyronix
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 826
    edited August 2023
    Personally, I would balk at the request to move the search item UI element.

On the other hand, perhaps a request more along these lines would be useful?

1. Provide a macro (assignable to hotbar, key, etc) that can be used to execute "Find" in the last opened container.
    2. Provide a macro that can be used to execute user-defined common search requests "Cool Deep Sea Fish".
    ??
    Personally, I would balk at the request to move the search item UI element.

On the other hand, perhaps a request more along these lines would be useful?

1. Provide a macro (assignable to hotbar, key, etc) that can be used to execute "Find" in the last opened container.
    2. Provide a macro that can be used to execute user-defined common search requests "Cool Deep Sea Fish".
    ??
    The problem is you have to close and reopen the search bar each time and it's proximity to the loot all button some times results in badness 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 826
    The "recursive" nature of the current search is also a useful feature (you can use it to refine a search based on properties).

If search were scriptable as I mention above, your original request could be moot.  Why interact with a tiny UI element, followed by manual typing, when you can just hit a macro key?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,810
    @Grimbeard ; what UI are you using? It looks like it might be Pinco's.  If it is he may be able to move the buttons and fix the search.
    TimSt said:
    @ Grimbeard  what UI are you using? It looks like it might be Pinco's.  If it is he may be able to move the buttons and fix the search.
    Just basic no modification EC
  • you should just be able to hit the red X "Remove Filters" button to search again. it works on mine.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

you should just be able to hit the red X "Remove Filters" button to search again. it works on mine.

I'll give it a try tonight after work!
    Works great @Victim_Of_Siege ! Thanks 
  • Grimbeard said:
    Works great @ Victim_Of_Siege ! Thanks 
    You're welcome.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
     :) 
  • I feel your pain, Grimbeard. You think you're waiting for the search box to pop up but then you're overweight and and a little confused LOL
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com