I want to be a moderator in the land of the free
Blinded by terms until I can't see
Cant think, can't speak unless its approved
I once was a person, now twice removed

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Not yet twice removed, but.
    Please read the terms of service

We are tasked with ensuring all forum users are treated with respect, it is rule one of the terms of service. If some posters can't, or won't, do that, what are we to do?

All users includes all players posting, Broadsword staff and we mods, yet some players feel free to insult each other, Mesanna, Bleak, Misk, Kyronix, Rorschach and myself with total impunity.
    Herding cats might be easier.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    Mariah said:
    He's obviously trying his best to be though. Showing him the TOS is like giving him the recipe for gunpowder.  

Let Me Go - The Rolling Stones

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    “Customer pays bill in timely manner
    customer follows protocol on bug reporting process
    5 years later still no response

who is treating whom with respect?

Also forum mod job is not to try and control the narrative to make sure people can cheat and log out pets to stop them dying even when they are the aggressor 

i don’t read that in TOS
    its forum about ultima online not ultima log out

even in your own wiki
    you have placed logging out under
    ’concluding a play session’
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/beginning-the-adventure/concluding-a-play-session/

log out means finish that play on that character, should not serve as invincibility shield for pet during combat

why can’t you just play the game without cheating?

The very fact that you deem my thread saying should be able to do that with char as well as pet as a troll just goes to prove you know what is logical and not logical

in pet training:
    You select hit points as a mod on a pet

nowhere have I read in wiki as a description for hit points to mean:
    the length of time before you log out
    Hit points on pet should mean same as hit points on any mob”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    “I am almost certain that auto stable was introduced as a legitimate means to prevent people from permanently losing their pets

and not as a ‘feature’ to discard of pet balls of summoning and prevent death that forum mod and their 7000+ post buddy would have us believe.
    No valid reason for it to be instantaneous, especially now that pets literally can’t go wild”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    edited July 2023
    Mariah said:

We are tasked with ensuring all forum users are treated with respect, it is rule one of the terms of service. If some posters can't, or won't, do that, what are we to do?

All users includes all players posting, Broadsword staff and we mods, yet some players feel free to insult each other, Mesanna, Bleak, Misk, Kyronix, Rorschach and myself with total impunity.
    Herding cats might be easier.
    Was the Tos for the people? Created by the people? or is it just a facist regime to control and manipulate and harass and harangue Anyone that doesn't fit your mould?

Here is my TOS

1.) RATM - killing in the name of. 

2.) Doors music should only be played to enhance someones experience.

3.) No third party tools can be used in game.

4.) Treat everyone equally.

5.) Deva should be ok with ridicule if ppl are unhappy with their decisions.

6.) Please add your own.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    edited July 2023
    @Yoshi your thread regarding auto-stable is deemed a troll because devs have repeatedly said auto stable will not be changed. Your posts are seen as an attempt to bully a change of policy.

@SaulGoodman1 the Terms of Service of the forum are set by the forum owners, ie Broadsword. If you can not adhere to them, they have the right to empower their moderators to deny you access.

This discussion has been closed.