Enhancing

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited July 2023 in Bugs
“Bug/change request

(Read in discord about player losing some items)

given that failed enhance can cause complete loss of item 
given that some high end luck items now are possibly near 0% chance to enhance

recommend when you select enhance on crafting menu and select item

to first give a warning box to show:
% chance to catastrophically fail and lose item
% chance to fail and lose material only
% chance to succeed 

Continue/Cancel

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Learn how to play the game and quit asking for easy buttons
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    “Frodo,

this was the question asked in discord: 
    If I reforge a 150 luck piece with tailoring (will assume 120 tailoring/GM arms lore) 
    what is the chance of enhance with spined vs chance of loss of item (will assume item has only luck as a mod)

I have the answer for the crafter
    please show your answer

you’ve been playing for over a year so should be able to answer any ‘easy’ question

Please note
    crafting menu currently shows
    %chance to craft
    %chance to craft exceptional 

so I don’t think this is an unreasonable request”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,992Moderator
    There is a formula, but I believe it will be out of date given the number of properties on items now, this is why I did not include it in the wiki. However, for anyone interested, the formula supplied by the former developer 'Hanse' is:
    - All Resistances: failure % = 20 + Current Resistance
    - Durability: failure % = 20 + ( Current Max. Durability / 40 )
    - Lower Requirements: failure % = 20 + ( Current Lower Requirements% / 4 )
    - Luck: failure % = 30 + ( Current Luck / 2 )
      Drop all decimals from the calculations.

The failure Chances are checked for each property you are trying to enhance on the item.

The failure Chance is lowered by 1% for each property at GM skill and another 1% for every 10 skillpoints above GM. *

So enhancing a piece of armor with 10 in each resistance with Verite would give you 5 checks with each 30% chance of failure, or 70% chance of success, which in the end amounts to a success chance of about 16% (70%*70%*70%*70%*70%).

The chance of breaking an item is about 10% lower than the failure chance for each property that is enhanced.

Only your skill level and the number of properties you are trying to enhance and their original value affects the success chance. The magnitude of the properties you are adding has no effect on the success chance.

edited July 2023
    "yes have it thanks
    (was trying the old stratics calc but only allows values of up to 100 for luck) have reached out to knuckleheads also to make a new, and am negotiating with pinco"
    edited July 2023
    "i mean that formula is great,

but it is fairly meaningless to a gamer,

we're all stlil waiting on Frodo's answer, even though you've given him the formula
    I've a feelin we'll all be waiting a while

(pinco tells me he found a formula also for enhancing weapons but from a free shard so he's not sure if its same as official)"
    edited July 2023
    Pawain said:
    There is a message that says there is a high chance you will destroy the item.   Maybe the illegal clients you encourage everyone to use does not have that?

"I am indeed not receiving this message, when does it occur?

my crafting menu i think is same as classic client

Screenshot please, also, what you trying to enhance to get this message?"
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Yoshi said:
    “Frodo,

this was the question asked in discord: 
    If I reforge a 150 luck piece with tailoring (will assume 120 tailoring/GM arms lore) 
    what is the chance of enhance with spined vs chance of loss of item (will assume item has only luck as a mod)

I have the answer for the crafter
    please show your answer

you’ve been playing for over a year so should be able to answer any ‘easy’ question

Please note
    crafting menu currently shows
    %chance to craft
    %chance to craft exceptional 

so I don’t think this is an unreasonable request”
    There is a tool in the store for that, use it like everybody else.
    “It’s good for many things ofcourse 
    but at 8 mill per charge
    sometimes can be cheaper to buy 8 mill worth of runic and try enhance a few things”