ressing store-bought 1 slot rideables with bandages

in the latest newsletter the devs have mentioned that 1 slot rideables from the UO store will be resurrectable with bandages reguardless of skill. I like this but I would ask if this feature could be extended to the 16th anniversary mounts.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I haven’t read this, please can you post a link.

so this is the end of war horses and VvV then? 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

edited May 2018
    I see it now. This does not look good for VvV now. 

So there will be less people joining VvV, this will mean more people will need to go red to kill opposing guilds, but will not have an advantage over blues as will have the same mount but -1 Faster Casting.

I can see a lot of bitterness coming from this when some people who don’t want to play a red feel they have to stock up on forged pardons cos nobody in opposing guilds is orange.

this is very bad. 

(Doesn’t bother me as I have over 2k murder counts on all my chars but not everyone is like me)

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• In the latest newsletter the devs have mentioned that 1 slot rideables from the UO store will be resurrectable with bandages reguardless of skill. I like this but I would ask if this feature could be extended to the 16th anniversary mounts.

Mervyn- 

Dear, reading IS fundamental.  My I direct you to the bold and italicized portion of the above quote.

Bought from the UO STORE as in the Lasher (aka the My Little Pony Mount) and the Windrunner(aka the Warg Mount).

This doesn't count the Charger of the Fallen because its an ETHEREAL and there for it does not take damage. 

Bought in the UO Store doesn't include VvV or Faction mounts as those are bought from AN IN GAME NPC VENDOR not in the store.

Also you do know the Store Bought Mounts are NOT trainable. 

Please Mervyn do keep running around screaming the skying is falling! the sky is falling!  Mesanna is killing PvP and VvV!  You do realize the people who ride those mounts DO NOT SET FOOT IN ICKY FEL!   period.  These are the bank-sitting, bling-bling clothes wearing, OMG-I'd rather quit than PvP  types.  

So you can rest your pointed little head that Mesanna isn't killing PvP or VvV.   In case you were stoned, hospitalized, or out of touch with reality factions were removed September 25, 2014 with publish 86 ! 

Mervyn please stop trolling the UOForums.  Mariah has better things to do than delete your silly posts.
    edited May 2018
    I am misunderstanding it? They are not proposing you can self res windrunner and lasher? So why would people use a VvV war horse that dissapears after 8 deaths when they can self res one of these lashers/windrunner that lasts forever.

I must not be understanding it correctly then...

or you can only res/ride them in trammel?

• The Lasher and the Windrunner are WEAK.

I do stand corrected that they are trainable up to three slots but they are so weak that they are not worth wasting the power scrolls.  I know someone who trained a Lasher. At three slots if you SNEEZED on it, it woulld promptly keel over and die.  I doubt it will give anyone a PvP advantage unless you LIKE running on foot! LOL

They give no bonus or anything.  They "look good" that is it.   Total bank-sitting fodder.

The VvV horse/ozzy/llama do give some sort of bonus, the down side is it disappears after 8 deaths. 

If you want Mervyn buy yourself a Lasher, and PvP on it.  I'm telling ya it's REALLY HARD to take a PvPer red, blue or otherwise seriously riding a Unicorn with a Rainbow mane and Tail.

edited May 2018
    They have the same hit ponts and resists as a vvv Mount no?

even if they had 1hp, it doesn’t matter as vvv horses die in one frenzied whirlwind too, the ability to res it is why people use it.

as long as you can only self res it in trammel, it shouldn’t affect the bank sitters as you say that never come to Fel.

if you played my shard, you would also know that my online reputation is not one that would be affected by choosing one mount style over another.

• King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    I'm with Mervyn on this one. Allowing the pets from the store to be resurrected with bandages and no skill will detract from the VvV mounts. 
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    I can't wait to see the first mean Player Killer riding a Lasher, now that will be a sight.  ;)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Mervyn said:

So there will be less people joining VvV, this will mean more people will need to go red to kill opposing guilds, but will not have an advantage over blues as will have the same mount but -1 Faster Casting.

I can see a lot of bitterness coming from this when some people who don’t want to play a red feel they have to stock up on forged pardons cos nobody in opposing guilds is orange.

this is very bad. 

(Doesn’t bother me as I have over 2k murder counts on all my chars but not everyone is like me)

Enlighten me.

What difference does it make?

I found this:  But not any more info on them.

War Steeds (500 silver)
    • War Ostards and War Horses are delivered as a pet statuette. Using the pet statuette will create a bonded pet to the user.
    • War steeds cannot be traded, and when released will disappear.
    • War steeds must be fed regular food appropriate to the creature type.
    • War steeds must also be fed “Essence of Courage” to keep up their battle readiness. (250 silver)
    • If a war steed loses all of its battle readiness it will disappear.

I do not see a requirement to be red or blue to buy this.  I do not see a + 1 benefit from them.

Can't all players use the store?  

If I were in VvV, I would want a cool colored horse.

Or are you saying that ppl join VvV just to get the horse that resses and now they wont join VvV because they can just buy one?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    Pawain said:
    Or are you saying that ppl join VvV just to get the horse that resses and now they wont join VvV because they can just buy one?
    Why get a horse that requires you to be in VvV and requires essence of courage to keep when you can just use the In store mounts. 

The point being that it was supposed to be something Unqiue to VvV/Factions. It was one of the reasons players would join, to get a mount they could ressurect in the heat of combat, and remount. 

Maybe if they removed the ability to ressurect in the heat of combat with bandis? 
    Ok I think I get it.  He thinks this will reduce the number of sheep for Pkers to kill.  If they want to attack other players they should accept the consequences.  (oranges = sheep)

The colored horse is still a nice perk. 
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    Parnoc said:
    I can't wait to see the first mean Player Killer riding a Lasher, now that will be a sight.  ;)

come to Siege Perilous then and meet the Bo...
  • PureLifePureLife Posts: 54
    edited May 2018
    sentence removed by Mariah

VvV is already forced on everyone and giving store mounts the benefit of self res will not change this. Also it has been mentioned one of the next content patches is going to be a VvV update which will hopefully do its job and give players further incentive to participate.
    edited May 2018
    If this will not affect VvV, then what is the harm in only allowing this to work in trammel?

With regard to my credibility

I complained that when they release shard transfer shields, it would ruin the market for powerscrolls. And I was right, fel became dead for years and powerscrolls were being dumped in the trash for cleanup points.

I’m still waiting on a thread for everyone to congratulate me on correctly proving everyone wrong...

edited May 2018
    Pawain said:
    Mervyn said:

this is very bad. 

Enlighten me.

What difference does it make?

I found this:  But not any more info on them.

War Steeds (500 silver)
    • War Ostards and War Horses are delivered as a pet statuette. Using the pet statuette will create a bonded pet to the user.
    • War steeds cannot be traded, and when released will disappear.
    • War steeds must be fed regular food appropriate to the creature type.
    • War steeds must also be fed “Essence of Courage” to keep up their battle readiness. (250 silver)
    • If a war steed loses all of its battle readiness it will disappear.

I do not see a requirement to be red or blue to buy this.  I do not see a + 1 benefit from them.

Can't all players use the store?  

If I were in VvV, I would want a cool colored horse.

Yes people join VvV not JUST to get the horse that resses but I would say that is the main reason. 

Publish 100 is supposed to be a bug fixing patch, and now they are adding game breaking features????

wtf?

^^^^  The way this forum does quotes is horrible.

Thanks.  No wonder ppl are complaining about VvV if the incentive is a colorful horse and not gameplay.
    No, the incentive is not a colourful horse, the incentive is for a horse you can res. Colour is not an issue

• North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    LMAO. if people are joining VvV just for the horse, the problem isnt with the horse and what it can or cant do.
  • PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    Mervyn said:
    If this will not affect VvV, then what is the harm in only allowing this to work in trammel?
    If people are not going to join VVV because of this, then VVV must be a weak as hell system that nobody wants to participate in any way.  Why are you even complaining about this? 

Is the selling point of the system really a crappy horse that I can res myself when I could just ride an Ethy?

No, you are just making a mountain out of a mole hill and playing another "Fel players are victims waaaaaaaaaaaah" card.
    I’m not that against the idea at all, so long as you have to be in vvv to be able to do it, or you have to be in trammel, or there is a few minutes delay on the pet dying and being able to res it.

Render to Caesar the things that are Caesars.  

edited May 2018
    In pvp, there are massive advantages to having a horse you can res compared to riding an ethy. This is why people ride war horses and not ethys. 

Pinkerton said:
    Mervyn said:
    If people are not going to join VVV because of this, then VVV must be a weak as hell system that nobody wants to participate in any way.  Why are you even complaining about this? 

Is the selling point of the system really a crappy horse that I can res myself when I could just ride an Ethy?

No, you are just making a mountain out of a mole hill and playing another "Fel players are victims waaaaaaaaaaaah" card.
    Also, I believe you’re misquoting me sir. 

• KronalKronal Posts: 84
    Mervyn said:
    In pvp, there are massive advantages to having a horse you can res compared to riding an ethy. This is why people ride war horses and not ethys. 

And these massive advantages are?....
    edited May 2018
    that you can mount after you're dismounted. You can't mount any other single slot mount as it will be killed before your dismount debuff is over. You can't mount an ethy as you get disturbed. In a group fight.

If this were not the case, everyone would pvp as a gargoyle. (which is quicker to fly than an ethy)

You think people keep buying new horses and resetting their macros (on 2d) everytime it disappears after 8 deaths just to look cool? When in some battles the horse dies like 8 times a night, you carry a spare in your bag just to look cool?