One point of dexterity

I need to gain a single point of Dexterity on a character that's finished, skills-wise.

I have Dex pointed up, and Int pointed down.

For weeks I've had Swords and Healing both pointed up. My memory was that you didn't need to gain skill, just do something that would normally cause a gain.

Nothing.

What do I do? I'm hoping I don't need to risk actually gaining in a skill, thereby losing in another and having to earn it back, just to gain one point in Dexterity.

Comments

• JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    I’d think that should do it. Alternatively, though, stone off a skill to free up the points safely and then try raising dex with another skill. When done just have the stone replace what you gained.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    "hold on, how much is your dex? its capped at 125 base, 150 with items, and how much is your int? minimum is 10 base

you're correct that you don't need to actually gain in skill, it should just go up.."
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Besides stat caps:

I'm not certain but i think if you physically cannot gain anymore in that skill that the check will not happen. Say you're at 120 swords, you cannot gain anymore so checks may not happen. 

I would lock every skill. Pick one that is 0 (music works well) point it up and play an instrument. Do this very slowly or you'll overshoot your intended dex level.  

If it's still stuck, soulstone a skill off and point music up and again very slowly play an instrument. Reach intended number point music down and stone your original skill on. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    you need to seesaw some skills like wrasslin and fishing. get some room for points and buy up Wrasslin and several other things until you're at the 120 cap. then lock everything but wrasslin, you want to turn it down (make sure your fishing is 0 and turn it up to gain.) then grab a pole and fish until your wrasslin is 0. you should have gained dex by then,  be sure your STR is locked though.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    Ya put your outfit on a naked mannequin and make sure you have room.

I have spent mins shooting arrows trying to get a change, then get 3 in a row and go over what I wanted.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    "you don't need to see-saw anything
    and no it don't matter if you have 120 skill either"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    edited July 2023
    Just point dexterity arrow up to gain and intelligence arrow down and fight some stuff with your sword.  Did this a couple of weeks ago with a character I wanted to change from a caster to a fighter.  Don’t think I changed any skill levels because I used soulstones for that.  If no change maybe check user settings to see if something is locked there.  Remember all three areas only go to a max of 125 natuarally.  Jewelry and other stuff can add up to 25 more to take you to 150.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    A great vet reward would be test center like controls ....
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    Yoshi said:
    "you don't need to see-saw anything
    and no it don't matter if you have 120 skill either"
    But it will work, and if they're stuck it may be what's needed.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 243
    edited July 2023
    Just lock all your skills except like snooping and try that.  You should gain stats even if your at skill cap. You don't actually need to gain skill to get stats.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    what is your real dexterity without items?
    edited July 2023
    “It’s first question we asked,
    he prob fixed it and never bothered to come back to tell us what problem was and solved so we can all continue to speculate”
  • Thank you everyone. I've diagnosed the issue and unfortunately it's not solvable at present. 

As Mariah and a couple of others gathered, unbeknownst to me, my natural Dexterity was at cap. (Last I remembered it was not but obviously that memory was flawed.)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    That's a good thing.  Get different armor, reduce dex and put it in Strength.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.