badly placed house

"In a recent newsletter, Mesanna gave an eviction notice to a house blocking a bridge,

can we please get this castle deleted? (or moved) instead of awarded a historical banner.
As it is obstructing in not 1 but 2 areas.
Felucca Atlantic. Marble island



Can't get past here even.


"
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
«1

Comments

  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,141
    Seems fair
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,452
    What’s the dates on the banners 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,141
    Skett said:
    What’s the dates on the banners 
    This should be irrelevant Mesanna has set the precedent if it's not legally placed it's deleted 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,238
    These homes are historic, completely legal and properly placed for the housing rules of the late 90s in which they were built.

    It is common knowledge that this entire island belongs to the oldest guild on Atlantic, LLTS.

    I got your back on exploit and bug fixes but you leave my shards history alone. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,141
    Urge said:
    These homes are historic, completely legal and properly placed for the housing rules of the late 90s in which they were built.

    It is common knowledge that this entire island belongs to the oldest guild on Atlantic, LLTS.

    I got your back on exploit and bug fixes but you leave my shards history alone. 
    How are they different than the bridge houses 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,452
    We had a historic home fall about a month ago it wasn’t properly place sad to see them fall 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,238
    Grimbeard said:

    How are they different than the bridge houses 

    I only know of 1 house blocking a bridge and that is in trinsic. Those houses were being placed as early as 5-10 years ago when housing placement rules have already changed. There was an exploit to place improperly placed houses around then as well. 

    These houses are most likely grandfathered (5 houses per account) and properly placed for the housing rules in that time period 97-2000(?). See the pic with no space between houses. 

    The only thing on marble island are the LLTS homes and the door to get to lost lands champ spawns and it's not blocked.

    So no sense making a stink about homes that have been properly placed for 25+ years. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,452
    We had a historic home fall about a month ago it wasn’t properly place sad to see them fall 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,238
    LLTS has always been a respectful guild helping others. I will fight tooth and nail for my fellow Atlantic players. 

    If these houses classify into the improperly placed rules of today, the devs need to accommodate the fact they were placed 22-26 years ago, long before they even became a part of this game. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,141
    Urge said:
    LLTS has always been a respectful guild helping others. I will fight tooth and nail for my fellow Atlantic players. 

    If these houses classify into the improperly placed rules of today, the devs need to accommodate the fact they were placed 22-26 years ago, long before they even became a part of this game. 
    Understand i venomously argued against deleting any houses but that cat is out of the bag and any house is subject to the narrasitic whims of Mesanna 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    "I got no beef with owner of house or what guild they are in, but is obstructing both sides
    don't matter who owns it

    i did not look at who owns it as not relevant
    "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Yoshi said:
    "I got no beef with owner of house or what guild they are in, but is obstructing both sides
    don't matter who owns it"
    Perhaps a teleporter sparkle on each side would be a better answer than trying to deal with house placement.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "okay so they can put a teleporter sparkle on bridge too then instead of evict some guy"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,238
    I don't care if they have to redo the entire map or offer a step up home for the inconvenience of moving. 

    Devs should accommodate not inconvenience. Especially if housing rules are to be changed on the fly. 
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Yoshi said:
    "okay so they can put a teleporter sparkle on bridge too then instead of evict some guy"
    Sure, that would have been an option.  

    However, as far as I understand it, there is still a difference between how someone might want to deal with a house that was placed illegally at the time it was placed and a house that was placed legally at the time and the rules subsequently changed.  IMO, the devs are justified in removing the first to resolve the issue, but should look for an alternative for the second.  You’re welcome to disagree.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,141
    Merus said:
    Yoshi said:
    "okay so they can put a teleporter sparkle on bridge too then instead of evict some guy"
    Sure, that would have been an option.  

    However, as far as I understand it, there is still a difference between how someone might want to deal with a house that was placed illegally at the time it was placed and a house that was placed legally at the time and the rules subsequently changed.  IMO, the devs are justified in removing the first to resolve the issue, but should look for an alternative for the second.  You’re welcome to disagree.
    People act like a hack was used in placing the bridge houses properly placed then converted using the house sign IF that allowed illegal placement the mechanic is broken why should owners be punished for using the mechanic in the proper way and irregardless the door is open if a house is not properly placed it's open to deletion 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,452
    An exploit is the use of a game mechanic in some way that subvert that mechanic's intent, or undermine the game system in some way. The use of exploits is against the rules of UO, but is extremely common in certain circles.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,141
    Skett said:
    An exploit is the use of a game mechanic in some way that subvert that mechanic's intent, or undermine the game system in some way. The use of exploits is against the rules of UO, but is extremely common in certain circles.
    Try converting a improperly placed keep or castle you cant the tool wools properly how would you know if it was illegal?  If the tool allowed it? Now imagine 5 years go by and the delete police come along fair?  
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,452
    Rule 19 

    1. You will not exploit any bug in the Ultima Online product or the Ultima Online Service. You will not intentionally use or share any bug found within Ultima Online, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage. You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of the Ultima Online Service. You will report any such exploit using the bug reporting methods as described by the Ultima Online Web Site at http://www.uo.com/mailBug.html.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,452
    I’m not saying delete a bridge house but it should be moved rules are rules is all I’m saying 

    those old grandfathered homes need to remain until the Owner moves or deletes them. 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,238
    Skett said:
    I’m not saying delete a bridge house but it should be moved rules are rules is all I’m saying 

    those old grandfathered homes need to remain until the Owner moves or deletes them. 

    If this is the trinsic house, Atl has been dealing with this for ages now. The easiest fix is to move the damn bridge and go on with life instead of making this an issue over and over. 

    The Marble Island homes were placed at a time when housing rules were relaxed. Changing the rules now is absurd.

    I wouldn't bother me a bit if they delete the entrance to lost lands and built a custom dock around the entire island. Lifetime respectful players like that deserve the extra reward.

    Not once in my pvp years has anyone complained about these houses. In fact, we had some fantastic pvp choke fights there when the greatest pvpers to ever grace this game played. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,293
    edited July 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Urge said:
    These homes are historic, completely legal and properly placed for the housing rules of the late 90s in which they were built.

    It is common knowledge that this entire island belongs to the oldest guild on Atlantic, LLTS.

    I got your back on exploit and bug fixes but you leave my shards history alone. 
    How are they different than the bridge houses 
    The big difference is they blocked a bridge to get from one side of a river to another.  What does this block besides Yoshi?

    The bigger difference, those players were told to move their house from the bridge on multiple occasions and refused. 

    Let the police do the policing.  

    Maybe spend some time making a paragraph of something positive.  That will take you months and you will forget about these houses you have and will never see.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 805
    edited July 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Skett said:
    What’s the dates on the banners 
    This should be irrelevant Mesanna has set the precedent if it's not legally placed it's deleted 
    You don’t know what you’re talking about. For one thing, there didn’t used to be any such thing as house signs that showed if a house was properly or improperly placed. So there are some grandfathered houses that under new rules will appear as improperly placed. 

    If I’d never left the game and I’d held on to my older Felucca houses, those wouldn’t appear as properly placed. And I wouldn’t be able to set them up the same way now as they were before. 

    In addition to that, there are circumstances now, with being able to change the styles on houses that slightly alter the footprint, that can cause a nearby house to appear improperly placed when, in fact, it’s not.

    I have a properly placed tower that has a castle offset behind it. The original old style castle had the small set of steps in front of it that did not land directly behind the tower. Then it was changed to a custom design that has front steps that stretch across the entire front of the castle. This changed the five tile spaces, required now between front and back of houses, to only 4 tiles between the front of the castle and back of the tower. Now the tower reads as improperly placed. 

    So, you’re wrong. When houses were places and how they are placed and if they are customized after placement, can make a difference on whether or not something shows as “improperly” placed when it’s actually legitimately and legally placed. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,452
    @LilyGrace not sure why you tagged me..

    I have a custom keep in fel that is not properly placed because of the resize / custom bug as well

    very old home you could walk under some as well and your right didn't have signs like now. I was asking about the Banners. they also came in deeds and had keys. that's all changed.


  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 805
    Hi Skett, you asked what the dates were on the banners. Grimbeard said your question was irrelevant. I think your question is very relevant. I was addressing and quoting Grim. But your quote was also embedded. Sorry if it was confusing. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,452
    ;)
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,141
    Just restore the bridge houses one tile back then but like i said the genie is out of the bottle and who knows what witch hunt will come next
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 193
    lol want to see an improperly placed house, go to pacific fel buccs den, my old tower still stands there today, or should i say floats there today,. used to have a tower floating on the water in maginica to, but sadly when i left UO for a bit my ex let it decay, when is saw that it was definitely a sad day for me
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    "I also receive complaint about this house,
    and there is not a historical banner in front.
    Fel Atlantic,
    cannot get past this side
    and its next to mountain so our mining bot not able to path find around it"



    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,293
    Yes we must destroy that house so your mining bot can be unhindered.  

    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
This discussion has been closed.