Procedure for transferring house between characters on same account

1 -- Is the procedure for transferring house between characters on the same account still to page a GM and wait?

2 -- What happens if you delete the character that owns the account first?

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    If same account nothing happens 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    Every character on the account is the owner of the same house. So as long as you have at least 2 characters on the account your  good to delete one, I'm not sure what would happen if you deleted all the characters and made a new one if you'd still own it I'm sure you would but I wouldn't risk it.The character that placed it or had it transferred to them will have the name on the house. There is a way to change house owner name but I don't remember how its done.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    Skett said:
    There is a way to change house owner name but I don't remember how its done.
    If there's a way to change house owner's name with just 1 account (and not transferring it around to different accounts) I'd really love to know! I command you to remember  >:)
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    Not sure if it’s possible with just 1 account ? Maybe us a name change token would work and it’s only 1 account? @username
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    Ahh, that makes sense. Drats
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
      :p
  • Skett said:
    There is a way to change house owner name but I don't remember how its done.
    That would be what I'm asking for. For some reason the only verb I could think of for this was "transfer."
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    If you delete the house owner the sign stays to whoever placed the house. All other characters on that account are auto owners and nothing will ever change. 

Couple years back the gms wouldn't change owner for me but maybe GM River can if you're RNG is lucky enough to roll him. 
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    I know it's not the answer you're looking for but if you have a second account that doesn't own a house on a prodo shard, transfer it to them and then transfer it back to the first account after a few days. You probably knew this but thought I'd post just in case.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    What happens if you go into full customization mode? Will the name change to the char that's doing the customization or does it still stay the same?

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
    Stays the same
    There was a post here I thought that explained how to change name @Pawain might know 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    edited July 2023
    I think I gave the house to a temp account. Then gave it to the toon I wanted to be owner.  I chose one I would not do a shard transfer with.

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/6099/quest-about-house-owner-name-change#Comment_39118
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    ^ ty 
  • Thank you. The answer is that this can't be done without somewhat risky behavior. Which I for one am not doing. I guess the house owner remains the same. Oh well.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    edited July 2023
    Thank you. The answer is that this can't be done without somewhat risky behavior. Which I for one am not doing. I guess the house owner remains the same. Oh well.
    I have an account that I buy 1 month time when needed for something like this.  It's an old Return to Britannia account so it will not turn into an EJ account. I fear the housing timers so I only trust direct trading.

And I noticed Skett asked about name change.  No. The house name stays the original name.  That is why I needed to get a new owner name on the sign.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I thought there was a way to change owner name of a house by using a token or something like that