Chicken Coops and Character Transfer, what happened??

So I have a bunch of chicken coops on my roof, I transferred the character I tend them on and when I transferred back I can no longer access them.

I tried with every character on that account and none of them can access the chicken lizards, is there any way to fix that? :(

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
     :o 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    "  *think   this is a known issue, 

need to call a GM and they can fix"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    Yup. When you transfer your character ID is rewritten and you are reborn.  You need to find a GM that can give them to the new you or email Mesanna so she can do it.

GM River told me to stop transferring with my main tamer because he has coops.  He said there are only a few left that can fix them.

They have to remove each one and give them them to the new you.  The generic GM will not do it in case you are trying to be a scammer and they were not yours to begin with.  Sucks that that all UO decisions are based on scammers and cheaters activities.

Good Luck

Moral of the story, do not transfer with toons that have coops.  You can put them in your stable instead and transfer.  I'm not sure if you could transfer with them in your bankbox. I wont be trying to test that.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    Blah...

Well I paged a GM so we'll see what happens.

If the GM can't fix it, I guess I will e-mail Mesanna.

What a pain!

LOL Thanks for all the replies! I had no idea this was an issue.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I transferred and accidentally took a new player token with me, the one that gives you enhanced skill gain. When i arrived, the token is no longer mine, which is dumb, it should be account bound, not character name bound.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    I was wondering about those. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    edited July 2023
    So I just checked my Coops all 37 have no owner now after returning from Origins event ! :(

They should change it so who ever locks them down in a owned house becomes the new owner.
    Make them account bounded and anyone on account can retrieve the chicken Lizards bounded.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Next trip copy the user data file then when you return paste it over
    ahh tyvm for info !
    how do i do that lol
    I paged a gm one came and needed to ask another some questions then got the answer and said they would come back and fix them if they seen me in game. I’m not sure if I should re page or wait . 
    Skett said:
    I paged a gm one came and needed to ask another some questions then got the answer and said they would come back and fix them if they seen me in game. I’m not sure if I should re page or wait . 
    Ya GM River is gone and only the long time GMs may know how to fix this.
    Thanks To GM Marino and Quinn they fixed it fast !

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
     B) 
    Nice!  Travel with a different toon now.  :)
    for sure !

how do i copy the char user data tho ? @Grimbeard
    Skett said:
    for sure !

how do i copy the char user data tho ? @ Grimbeard
    So go into the uo files find the user data folder open find shard open find character copy 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    I am wondering if I transfer them with a different character, will they then become owned by that character??

I am just re-bonding because I am not crazy like skett  ;)  I only have 18 Chicken Lizards bonded...well 12 regular and 6 Battle Chickens just as a test to see if Battle Chickens laid more battle chicken eggs then regular chicken lizards...they do not :/

I just watered the 40 eggs that I had and got 2 Battle Chicken eggs :/

Why is the % so low??

Anyway...if the transfer thing with another character works then I'm golden, if not then I already have chicken lizards bonding in brand new coops.

Why would I transfer them with a different character you ask??

Maharia, my tamer....is also a Governor.....not making that mistake again.

ve done that before and have a copy backed up for macros but how would that work for new id?
    all my char have same name for gift name odds
    edited July 2023
    Skett said:
    ve done that before and have a copy backed up for macros but how would that work for new id?
    all my char have same name for gift name odds
    I'm saying i believe it copies everything
    “I don’t think copying the folder would fix this issue”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “I don’t think copying the folder would fix this issue”
    Not whole folder just the specific character the only way  to test would be say something in chat to get number copy data file then transfer then back say something to see number then past old data file to see what happens 
    “I don’t understand what you’re saying, you can’t choose your character I D, I don’t think this issue can be resolved by player action”
    Before you transfer your # is 1 if you copy the user data file it should retain the number
    Grimbeard said:
    Before you transfer your # is 1 if you copy the user data file it should retain the number
    You could copy to TC and see if the numbers change to the ones on your originating shard.  I don't think the numbers are in those files. 
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    You could copy to TC and see if the numbers change to the ones on your originating shard.  I don't think the numbers are in those files. 
    It's the transfer back we couldn't test using TC
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    I really should empty out my 20 coops. I have not touched them in over a year. They must be filled to the brim with poo by now.