To broadsword game rule enforcement team

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited July 2023 in PvP / VvV
“To whom is concerned at broadsword regarding game rule enforcement. (Not forum rule enforcement)

I have followed protocol to report bugs as described on uo.com, however no date for fixes has yet been given. Some were reported over 5 years ago. So currently people having to use a 3rd party client to play (which contravenes a TOS)

given the circumstances of not currently having any reasonable option to play using broadsword client due to volume of bugs still present.

please advise if you have any issue/objection with players using a 3rd party client until your client is playable.

if so we will cease to do so, or continue to use at risk of account being actioned.

regards 

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    You already stated that you would not stop using it. Why waste internet pixels on this.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    “I would stop if I was at risk of account being actioned or even received a warning.
    (If broadsword client became playable for pvp)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
      I'm sure a lot of people would stop cheating, (or stop playing -tbh both are fine with me) if the rules were enforced...  what kind of compensation should legitimate players be expecting once this does happen?  "I played UO for X years without any ToS violations, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" -or nothing.   I'd be happy if cheating was dealt with in a soft or incredibly harsh manor.   but currently it's not being dealt with at all.

Banning EJ accounts without banning the paid accounts that benefit from said EJ accounts is not a f**king punishment.   -if the third-party clients and other programs are detectable as Mesanna once said, there should just be an automated system that disconnects or blocks logins every X amount of time.    once that is done, then GMs would be useful for a case-by-case page for anything that's slipping through the cracks.

without cheating in UO, the game wouldn't really have any major problems... sure there are lots of bugs, the vast majority of players probably just deal with them as they're not game-breaking.

Half the game-breaking bugs that were fixed in the last ~5 years were literally only possible because of third-party clients being used to perform them.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited July 2023
    “Problem is now, how do you define cheating?
    they don’t give an option in fel in 2d to play without using third party client. Since they stopped fixing any bugs. So which of its features do you say are not allowed?

Nobody going to play a client where you have to scroll through half a dozen non hostile targets to target the orange player who is already attacking you, and rinse and repeat every time they teleport/smoke bomb

Nobody going to play a client where you attack nearest hostile and it attack your own red/grey guild mate or their pet.

nobody going to play a client that lags when you run past a private keep cos it’s loading 50 mannequins

nobody going to play a client that don’t give a debuff to nerve strike

nobody going to play a client that stops when you run into a tree

nobody going to play a client that doesn’t tell you how long left on attunement and makes you cast it over and over doing nothing.

nobody going to play a client that rubber bands on front of houses and wall of stone

Nobody going to play a client where you go to the effort of manually dragging a mounts health bar (friend or foe) and you lose it every time someone mounts it

Why they even allow anyone to download this POS in first place?
    @Kyronix remove it from https://uo.com/client-download/ immediately

it only works for PvM”
    edited July 2023
    “Why they are pandering to the woke agenda in only supporting trammel issues? (non competitive environment)

don’t anyone learn anything from the bud light catastrophe?”
    edited July 2023
    "okay so they are not fixing any issues and leaving us to source our own fixes without punishment okay.

But let me ask a different question.
    New Legacy is going to be another shard right? And the screenshots they showed were using 2d client.
    So are we also going to have to give new/returning players links to russian websites to download a functioning client for play this too? or will they be able to play new legacy on classic client?

maybe its trammel only shard so will work on broadsword client
    "

edited July 2023
    “I have to again stress my discontent with this ridiculous requirement being thrust upon us to use 3rd party client to play in fel without the above listed bugs, for the following main reasons:

a) is potentially unsafe software
    b) is very very complicated, both set up and use with inserting scripts etc
    c) allows for many bad scripts/problems that usually wouldn’t be possible, EG bots

isn’t a) alone enough of a reason though?
    Yoshi said:
    “Why they even allow anyone to download this POS in first place?
    @ Kyronix remove it from https://uo.com/client-download/ immediately

it only works for PvM”
       Don't you need the official client installed to use any of the "Illegal Clients" on official servers?

Also, what do you mean when you say, the default client- 'It only works for pvm"?   

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited July 2023
    Yoshi said:
    “I have to again stress my discontent with this ridiculous requirement being thrust upon us to use 3rd party client to play in fel without the above listed bugs, for the following main reasons:

a) is potentially unsafe software
    b) is very very complicated, both set up and use with inserting scripts etc
    c) allows for many bad scripts/problems that usually wouldn’t be possible, EG bots

isn’t a) alone enough of a reason though?
        C),  if not for C, there wouldn't be a single person using them, regardless of the active bugs we've been dealing with for years and in some cases decades.

ICQ# 478 633 659
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited July 2023
    There are simple graphics bugs when riding a horse where one of the frames is incorrect, including with a corgul handbook and tribal masks. Back when insideUO worked you could go in to the artwork files and find that they must have just fat fingered the wrong # in the animation sequence. It's literally a matter of fixing 1 number on their end in the client's code. I've reported it dozens of times over the last decade. They haven't fixed it. Literally a 1 second fix.

If they cannot fix simple animation errors, they won't fix anything. It's a joke.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.