Publish 114 bug fix happy customer

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited July 2023 in Bugs
“Thank you so much for the pub 114 bug fix
  • Commanding Undead & Dryad Allure Update: Increased pet owner check timer from 10 seconds to 5 minutes
I live in an area where connection loss and power cut is frequent and when I am hunting on my tamer i am used to logging back in dead. However now can hunt with skeletal dragons using necromancy and they continue to guard me when I lose connection until my char logs out or I’m able to log back in.

@Kyronix it’s possible to extend this great feature to our tamers too?

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,612
    No. Pets do not need this. When my pet gets stuck on an obstacle. Nobody needs to wait 5 minutes to get the pet back.

Just your typical troll post in a thin disguise. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    “ hey @pawain sorry to hear you having trouble with pet getting stuck, on rare occassion when my pet get stuck on something, i use Crystall ball of pet summoning, much quicker, hope this info helps

please no call me troll

just because i only use the log out button to conclude my play session with that character

that button is called 'log out'
    and the gump asks: 'Quit ultima online?
    and I say Okay

"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited July 2023
    "(I post this in general discussion to request this amazing nice feature but, i think forum mod keep moving to bug section so i will leave here)"
    edited July 2023
    "Even if pet remain guarding for 1 min is okay,
    enough time for recover from crash and log back in

and please, some places i can't use crystall ball of summoning (Ilshenar)
    please let us use everywhere so when my pet get stuck like Pawain said, i don't have to re-log
    my password very complicated and take long time to input

AND if i must relog to get pet, i have to regrab all the healthbars of friends again :(  so would prefer to use crystal ball instead"
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,408
    Yoshi said:
    "Even if pet remain guarding for 1 min is okay,
    enough time for recover from crash and log back in

and please, some places i can't use crystall ball of summoning (Ilshenar)
    please let us use everywhere so when my pet get stuck like Pawain said, i don't have to re-log
    my password very complicated and take long time to input

AND if i must relog to get pet, i have to regrab all the healthbars of friends again :(  so would prefer to use crystal ball instead"
    Ctrl V (paste)  works great to insert password.
    edited July 2023
    Yoshi said:
    “ hey @ pawain sorry to hear you having trouble with pet getting stuck, on rare occassion when my pet get stuck on something, i use Crystall ball of pet summoning, much quicker, hope this info helps

please no call me troll

just because i only use the log out button to conclude my play session with that character

that button is called 'log out'
    and the gump asks: 'Quit ultima online?
    and I say Okay

"
    Your identical post got closed here. Yes you are trolling to get a reaction. Pet balls do not work in many dungeons in Tram either.

The devs have said this is the way the game works. This thread also needs to close. @Mariah

You can thank them again in another thread without an added troll thrown in if you are sincere. I predict you will not, because you are not sincere. 

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,408
    IBTL
    edited July 2023
    “Pawain, i also ask for restriction on areas for use of crystal ball to be removed, cos I can bypass anyway using log out/in

Even 30 seconds is okay, 
    15 seconds even 
    a mere 15 seconds…

actually even 5 seconds,
    5 seconds is too long for you?

explain how pet stay guarding for 5 seconds will be problem for you to relog, it take you 5 seconds to get through the login menus anyway

will be nothing to you and Petra and will solve all problems

why you both can’t just play without cheating?

they already instroduced 2 more things to stop pets from being lost (ghost follows through server, pets don't go wild)"
    Yoshi said:
    “Pawain, i also ask for restriction on areas for use of crystal ball to be removed, cos I can bypass anyway using log out/in

Even 30 seconds is okay, 
    15 seconds even 
    a mere 15 seconds…

actually even 5 seconds,
    5 seconds is too long for you?

explain how pet stay guarding for 5 seconds will be problem for you to relog, it take you 5 seconds to get through the login menus anyway

will be nothing to you and Petra and will solve all problems

why you both can’t just play without cheating?

they already instroduced 2 more things to stop pets from being lost (ghost follows through server, pets don't go wild)"
    Calling players who accept game mechanics cheaters while you try to defy the intended mechanics at all times and use and advertise for illegal clients.

@Mariah why is this thread still open?
    edited July 2023
    "if you only use to get pet unstuck its not cheat

everything else people use it for is cheat
    GM even said so

you won't give me 5 seconds even?"
    edited July 2023
    "the fact you and Mariah won't allow 5 seconds, just goes to prove that you're not just using it to get pet unstuck, or else you don't state your reasoning, just spite okay.

there is no script in third party client that even comes close to the way this is exploited
    even in the 45 pages of scripts that one guild loads"
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    edited July 2023
    I have never said that I won't allow it! It is not my place to allow, or disallow, changes to game play. Mesanna has said there will be no change:

Please do not make assumptions about my game-play!

Because the Broadsword stance is clear, and documented. This thread is now closed.

This discussion has been closed.