GM Lumberjacks and Miners: Do you work in Felucca or Trammel?

RockRock Posts: 567
edited May 2018 in General Discussions
Most of us realize that the quantity of wood or ore is doubled per action in Felucca.  But I noticed that the imbuing ingredients (which occasionally drop when a GM chops or mines) are not doubled. Let's say your lumberjack wants wood and the imbuing stuff. You'll chop more often in Trammel, meaning more chances of getting imbuing ingredients. Gathering wood in Felucca is quicker though.  Do you spend the extra time in Trammel for more imbuing drops, or do you just want the wood quickly, so you choose Felucca? Same question for miners.
  1. Resource in Felucca?9 votes
    1. never Felucca! All Trammel or other facets.
      22.22%
    2. mixture; depends on how much I need the Imbuing stuff
      33.33%
    3. Felucca. It's quick, it's easy, and in practice it's safe!
      44.44%
Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• SableSable Posts: 239
    In all my resource gathering these days I never run into Pks in Fel.  If one popped on the screen, I'd just recall away.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Ilsh mountains is the same for the gems and salt peter as caves.  You can chop at the neverending forest in Fel Cove.  I mine in Fel Delucia.  You could also chop there in the city.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Siege does NOT get double anything, which is also why we know we don't get the Luck bonus either.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Siege has only one facet, how do you know you don’t get double? how do you know you don’t get tripple? When there is no trammel to compare it to.

surely everything is about context, you can’t compare siege to another shard when you can’t transfer things between them. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I believe the double resources come per chop/dig, not total number you get. I've only ever noticed regular amounts when I dig which i'll admit is rarely, and when I chop which is almost next to never. I just think the books should have to read Double Resources in Felucca (except Siege) for transparency .
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,780

I mine in Felucca because I do not need to carry as many pick axes.  I lumberjack in Ter Mur in hopes of getting crystal shards.

• I voted mixture. The only time that I mine in a tram ruleset is if I need crystalline blackrock. Otherwise, it's all Fel all the time.