An Offering - by Phoebe Nox

Stomping around my room cursing and grumbling, all this chatter of Governors...bahh. Throwing a potion bottle out the window I continue my ranting. Still the sea rumbles and does nobody hear it but me? They were given the chance for peace, yet none wanted that, they just wanted to continue things all about themselves. I fear they will regret this soon. I must gather the witches to finish what needs finished, they are the only ones I can rely on. We must gather the offering that's required. Persephone had given me insight on her last appearance. We must sail to the Lost Lands and face the ophidians, only they hold the one thing I still need for the offering, and we must get this before its to late.

Not only do I have this storm raging to contend with but now it is rumored some strange feller been asking about me with the locals. If it isn't one thing it's the other. In the meantime, since the storm I have realized a few of the coven need a bit more schooling of magics, I have made arrangements with Moonglow mages to help with this, and I will send an offering to the Lycaeum for encouragement for schooling and an unofficial alliance with the mages of Moonglow. Much of our history overlaps so it seems fitting. Paws once lay in the area north of Trinsic, at the north central area of the swamps, which have become known as the Fens of the Dead. The inhabitants of Paws had built large dikes to divert the swamp water, creating large tracts of arable land to farm. The dikes long since collapsed due to neglect, and the swamp reclaimed its lost territory. All but one of the buildings, and the graveyard, were lost. Since then those two structures have become haunted places, avoided by many. So as Granny always told her storys she always spoke of Moonglow and the great earthquake, her story's spoke of Lord Blackthorn, back then, and the Great Mages of Moonglow and the magics they had used to form an artificial Island now known as Dagar Island or also known as Ice Island. The experiment had consequences and the manipulation of the planet's forces caused the great Earthquake. Those who survived fled on ships, seeking safety, but the turbulent waves from the storm there was one ship lost never to be seen again. The remaining ships finally were given help from Lord British in Britain, and help to rebuild their city. Thats where Grannys story truely began, that lost ship and where it turned up.........the swamps
Jaden Rain