Defense with Anatomy + Eval Int

The UOGuide.com page on Anatomy says:

Defensive Ability

When combined with Evaluate Intelligence, these two skills can be used to replace Wrestling or other melee skills for defense. Anatomy and Evaluate Intelligence need to add up to 220 to have the equivalent of 120 melee defensive ability. The result of the following formula is capped at 120, so having 120 in both skills does not give a greater benefit. Formula: ( Evaluating Intelligence + Anatomy + 20 ) / 2

The wording is unclear to me.  Before this sort of defense is active, do you need Eval at 120 and Anatomy at 100?  Or does 60 Eval and 40 Anatomy result in a defense ability of 60?

Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Its weapon skill defense, not DCI.  So it would be like having 60 wrestling which probably wouldn't help you defend much of anything strong in the game.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    edited May 2018
    @The_Higgs_1, thank you for responding.  The example numbers were chosen just to get far away from the 120+100 in UOGuide's text.  A real case, from a character I was just playing, is having 110 Eval and 90 Anatomy.  Does she have 110 + 90 + 20 = 110 weapon skill defense?

(Stupid forum font still displaying an equals symbol as a minus sign.  Sigh.  In edit mode it looks fine. @Mariah, are you guys aware of this?)
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    It should count as wrestling for your defense unless its setup to only work at max.  I never really used it since id rather have an actual weapon in hand.  It is very popular in pvp and is overpowered since it allows the player to have max defense and the ability to chug potions and never be disarmed.