Countering the sleep spell

Sometimes people experiment with templates that don't have resisting spells as one of the skills.  I think this has been good so far that trap boxes, enchanted apples and orange petals offer some sort of viable counter to threats.

The problem is when it comes to the sleep spell, which can be cast very quickly, there is no viable counter unless you have resisting spells.  Sure you can cast remove curse or eat an enchanted apple to remove the sleep spell, however, the sleep spell can be recast on you in a matter of seconds and you have no counter the second time around.

I would like to suggest that the cast time of remove curse or eating enchanted apples can be reduced so that some sort of viable option exists for those of us who don't use resisting spells all the time.

Maybe an awaken spell or a consumable that lets you break the sleep spell like an enchanted orange =D.  Haha just something for thought.  Worse case scenario, i'll just have to keep using resisting spells as the only solution to deal with the challenging sleep spell.

Thanks for the time reading the thread.  Welcome to post your thoughts.  Looking forward to hear some ideas.

Sypanecro

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2023
    Sypanecro said:
    the sleep spell can be recast on you in a matter of seconds and you have no counter the second time around.

“You actually already have an immunity after the first sleep, something like 8 seconds.

this immunity is also linked to paralisation immunity, so if you’ve been recently nerve striked/shield bashed/paralizing blow (not spell) you can benefit from immunity from sleep after these.”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SypanecroSypanecro Posts: 19
    I see, i didn't know that
    still by the next time they cast sleep you still don't have a viable option to break it the second time around.  It happened to me whereby I was unable to counter because enchanted apples have timer of 30 seconds.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2023
    “Well, another way to avoid being slept, is to cast a spell, there are several spell weaving spells avail for warriors (you can’t sleep an already frozen target) you have to time it quite well but hopefully the attacker won’t notice you avoided the sleep”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    even if they made the option when you use the dispel spell when cast on yourself can remove sleep i would say that gives some additional concrete protection.  That could be an idea

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    There's always pros and cons when going against the fotm temps. 

Not having resist needs to have some kind of con. 
    I suppose you are right but if they even reduced enchanted apples time to 20 seconds you still have a disadvantage over that short time.  But 30 seconds leaves you at risk for a long time.