Can you move a char FROM Siege?

Mordin_RockbiterMordin_Rockbiter Posts: 69
edited June 2023 in General Discussions
I have been reading on Char Transfer token and the only prohibition is you can't have Siege as a "Destination".  I can see why you would prohibit bringing things in, but not sure why you can't leave. What exactly are you taking you can't take in any other transfer?
  • Your destination shard must be available to transfer to. ie not undergoing maintenance, running the same publish and eligible for transfer. Siege and Mugen are not eligible destinations

Transfer Rules

• You must be in a safe location to transfer: your house, an inn, a house you co own or are friended to
  • You cannot be mounted
  • You cannot be dead
  • If the character has Young Status it must be renounced
  • If the character is in Vice versus Virtue you must resign and wait the 3 day quitting period.
  • You must have a free character slot on the destination shard
  • You must be in your default body, ie not using shape or name altering items or spells
  • You cannot be poisoned, paralyzed or casting spells
  • You cannot be using the ‘customize’ menu of your house.
  • You must not be combat or criminal flagged
  • You may not transfer items with the designation ‘Shard Bound’, this includes dungeon points from Treasures events where the items handed in to claim the points are shard bound.
  • You cannot be in a Party
  • Your destination shard must be available to transfer to. ie not undergoing maintenance, running the same publish and eligible for transfer. Siege and Mugen are not eligible destinations
  • Gold on the shard is accessible to all characters of the account, if you wish to take some, or all, of it with you to the new shard you will need to put it into the character’s transfer account as detailed on the page Money.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,994Moderator
    edited June 2023
    No, I'm sorry Travel too and from Siege is not possible. Siege is on a totally different rule set, there is no connection to the other shards at all. You can't even character copy to test center.  It is because of this total disconnection that allows you to have a house there in addition to another shard.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    You're probably one of the first to actually post about this, but not the first to think about it. The answer will unfortunately be a NO probably from almost everyone. Even though it would only take them 5 minutes to add the 2 shards to the list, my thoughts are it would cause a mass exodus from Siege , and then the 500 people in the Discord would have nothing to talk about.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Mordin_RockbiterMordin_Rockbiter Posts: 69
    edited June 2023
    I will be perfectly honest with you, I don't want to leave Siege I don't mind the challenge. I started a Tamer a couple months back after discovered I can place housing without affecting my main shard housing. Well, I was just minding my own business yesterday morning 6/10/23 when this Blaze CU appeared and said "TAME ME,TAME ME". Kind of exploring and maximizing options.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,121
    Congrats!!!!!!!   :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 914
    U can place there without fetching you other houses. Really ?  Well how about that 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,213
    edited June 2023
    U can place there without fetching you other houses. Really ?  Well how about that 

Been this way for many years. 1 account can have 1 house on a normal shard, 1 on seige or mugen and 1 on test. 

Knowing how buggy UO is, there's no way i'd even attempt to try it but it's supposed to be there if you want it. lol.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,855
    Urge said:

Been this way for many years. 1 account can have 1 house on a normal shard, 1 on seige or mugen and 1 on test. 

Knowing how buggy UO is, there's no way i'd even attempt to try it but it's supposed to be there if you want it. lol.
    Been doing it since they implemented it. no issues.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo