Thanks Team for a event I actually Enjoyed.

2»

Comments

• RockoRocko Posts: 174
    I think this was the first event that I got everything I wanted with some extras.
    I agree! 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,306
    edited June 2023
    Agree prices of rewards did go down.  Price of earrings and quivers did go from around 175 million each prior to the event to 13 to 15 million each during the event on my shard making them available to just about every one that wanted one.  If you watched the price of eggs closely, sometimes you could get them for half of that price. That was not great for players that farmed those items, but for everyone else it was ok.  Pretty sure now that the event is over prices will creep up again to around 20  or 30 million.  That’s still a pretty good return for those items and maybe a much more realistic price.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Arnold7 said:
    Agree prices of rewards did go down.  Price of earrings and quivers did go from around 175 million each prior to the event to 13 to 15 million each during the event on my shard making them available to just about every one that wanted one.  If you watched the price of eggs closely, sometimes you could get them for half of that price. That was not great for players that farmed those items, but for everyone else it was ok.  Pretty sure now that the event is over prices will creep up again to around 20  or 30 million.  That’s still a pretty good return for those items and maybe a much more realistic price.
    They were expensive due to limited availability not difficultly in obtaining no best in slot item should be limited availability..
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited June 2023
    Yawn... no wonder this game is dying... when the majority of player base considers this event that is as good as a clicky to be fun. The same group that insists on 2 clients - one of which dated 1997. 

Don't blame the game for dying, yall are the perfect reason.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "yes the surviving player base, are the ones that pushed the women and children out of the way to jump onto the life raft"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 280
    Great event, indeed! Logging in during Luck hour  with two chars in 3800-4040 suits ensured enough eggs to outfit most very alt on Home Shard with spell book, yukio, quiver but I was also able to transfer the surplus eggs to the shards where I didn't have decent luck suited characters. Fortunately, ATL had almost a 24/7 Bog spawn going so I was able to get mukluks - which fortunately were not shard bound - transferred to the other shards I regularly play. Loved the new hues for spider plants and hedges!
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    edited June 2023
    This one was a nice break from the grindy grinds where it took 50 plus eggs to get a decent usable item. This balanced out the grindy grinds and I appreciated that.

• RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Definitely agree @AmberWitch.  Very balanced compared to the overall grindy nature of the game.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    Thank you everyone for the feedback.  We are glad you enjoyed the event and are looking forward to our next adventures in Britannia!
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    This last egg event was fun. I really liked last years egg hunting a little better .
    looking forward to next event any eta on it @Kyronix
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited June 2023

Smoot said:
    devs have to realize that if items are too easy to get, no ones going to actually do the content (escept scripters).  theyll just let the scripters / 20 account players farm it and buy the rewards for next to nothing.

I feel like the prices (on the turn-in vendor) were perfect, that's where the prices should be in all ToT event rewards, with the drop-rate (Treasure's of- ) events being the same as in deceit.

I agree the eggs from vorpal bunnies were too easy & efficient to farm, particularly with multiple accounts (because of a max of 3+1 eggs/bunny & the cooldown on planting thorns) and was very heavily scripted afk..   on the flip-side, making the event too grindy (slow & tedious) would also empower scripters because it won't hold the attention of a real player beyond just what they need to know in order to write a script for it.    

-the only way to stop or curb scripting is by enforcing the rules against them.    altering game mechanics (imo) is fine as long as it doesn't make the game worse for players abiding by the rules.  
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    edited June 2023
    CovenantX said:
    on the flip-side, making the event too grindy (slow & tedious) would also empower scripters because it won't hold the attention of a real player beyond just what they need to know in order to write a script for it.    

I think the biggest thing in keeping people interested (or interested at all) is to make the rewards worthwhile. The last event was essentially a complete repeat (outside of using the thorns to get eggs) with no new rewards to work for. There is a reason that Doom Gauntlet barely has anyone there anymore... the rewards are old and everyone has multiple of them.

I've played maybe a total of 1 hour in the past 2 months because I don't PvP and there is nothing I need from PvM or content I haven't done. Without NEW stuff (content/rewards) this game just becomes like any other Xbox/Playstation game you play/beat and then leave in a box in your basement. That was a major miss by the Dev team for the latest event. Honestly had I known that, I probably wouldn't have bothered planting thorns at all (now I have about 1500 thorns collecting dust).
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    edited June 2023
    You guys can always help new and returning players between these events. They're usually found in haven being completely lost on what to do. 

It takes days to explain the bareback basics of UO and if you're feeling generous, it can lighten some of the storage you pack rats have hoarded up. 
    Thanks for all the feedback. Its still a boring event. 
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    When doing something fresh, human's attention tends to be focused for a while. Then when we do it a gazillion times, anything over and over again, humans tend to become bored. Granted, it was only lovely little bunnies and lovely little eggs and not some megalithic, endless hit point life form that spewed death rays all over the farm land. The farmers are happy. Be glad for them.

I've been playing the same freaking game for 25 years. It takes a special kind of person to do that.  And please, keep those thoughts you're having right now to yourself. I'm an old 104 year old witch, fragile, feeble, senile and use the CC. Practice kindness. :p

Respectfully,

AW
    edited June 2023
    I didn't farm anything.

With 25 years I already have 1000s of thorns and I only used up a few 100s before I fell asleep the first time during an "event". 

It's just stick a thorn on the floor and "all kill". There is nothing fresh about doing that gazillion-time-allkill-macro within a tight space. 

How about planting vanilla seed at the docks moongate to summon some over-powered mongbats so we can all kill 24/7.