Shard Transferring in the EC

When you shard transfer in the EC, do things like your macros, screen setup, screen resolution choices, and such come with you? (Or's it more like the CC where you have to reestablish everything.)

Also does it matter what type of transfer you do? (There're a few types these days I believe.)

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/technical/copying-character-files/

“Both CC and EC you need to copy files over”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 802
    Assuming you copy the character file over,after a shard transfer, you'll need to refresh macros that involve equipping items, or using specific items.  That's because the items from the old shard get copied to new items on the new shard, with new identifiers (objectIDs) assigned to each copied item on the new shard.

You would have this issue even if EC/CC were changed to save settings in a file named based on the objectID of the player (instead of the name of the player).
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “yes that’s a good point, 
    @Mariah please can you add what Forever said to that wiki page 

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Does "character files" refer to the weird looking , shard- and account-specific files in that weird EA Games sub-folder in Documents?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    I have updated that page, as requested. I have also include a note that items such as pet summoning balls also need to be re-linked.