My Windrunner went poof

PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
I was riding my usual pet while fighting in Eoden.  I wasn't paying attention so my toon died and my Windrunner was killed instantly.  I ran off to get ressed.  The pet did not follow of course, they walk very slow when dead.  

I got ressed and used my Charger mount to go get my body.  I did not see the Windrunner body but I was more interested in escaping to a safe area.  I logged off and on and the Windrunner did not show up.  I figured I would get it later so I kept playing.  A little while later I noticed I was showing 1/5 pet slots while on the charger. ( I had not looked earlier)  So i logged on and off a few times and still no Windrunner.

I have died many times since I BOUGHT that pet. It always returned.  A store bought item should not go poof for any reason.  I should be able to get a refund of the purchase price, just like any store would refund a faulty product.

I bought it on the first day. When you turned it over it had #1 printed on its belly. My toon is very sad that he lost his wonderful mount that had helped him escape many dangerous adventures.

Rest in Piece my precious friend.

I hope your Pixels go to a game where you will be loved and never fade away.
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• KronalKronal Posts: 84
    This is unacceptable.  I understand not being able to replace things aquired through game play but if you prchase something from the store and it lost due to a bug it absolutly needs to be replaced!
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited May 2018
    “I logged off and on and the windrunner did not show up” 

hmm, seems to me that players are abusing a system designed to prevent loss of pet from genuine disconnect/crash to simply retrieve their pet from location. Surely the correct action to take is to search for the pet, or use your pet ball of summoning. Although I’m sure you probably didn’t even have your “precious friend” linked to a pet ball as you’re probably abusing the log out/in trick to retrieve your pet all the time instead of using the pet ball of summoning which is what they’re created for.

im not saying it’s your fault. There is clearly something wrong with the current system if so many people are unnecessarily logging in and out to move their pets from location a to b creating heavy traffic on the login servers. There’s bound to be a tiny fraction that goes wrong sometimes.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    Mervyn said:
    “I logged off and on and the windrunner did not show up” 

hmm, seems to me that players are abusing a system designed to prevent loss of pet from genuine disconnect/crash to simply retrieve their pet from location. Surely the correct action to take is to search for the pet, or use your pet ball of summoning. Although I’m sure you probably didn’t even have your “precious friend” linked to a pet ball as you’re probably abusing the log out/in trick to retrieve your pet all the time instead of using the pet ball of summoning which is what they’re created for.

im not saying it’s your fault. There is clearly something wrong with the current system if so many people are unnecessarily logging in and out to move their pets from location a to b creating heavy traffic on the login servers. There’s bound to be a tiny fraction that goes wrong sometimes.
    The Devs have stated more than twice.  This is PART OF THE GAMES MECHANICS.

Until they can fix Pets AI so that it will follow you when told and return to you as it should, they should not change it.

I should have did the log off before the pet died I suppose.
    It is the game mechanic I am aware, i am merely pointing out a flaw in the mechanic and have submitted proposed solutions that would not result in a loss of pet. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

I don’t think it’s necessary for me to give again my Sermon on the Mounts...

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited May 2018
    Is your pet still showing in your follower slot?  If so page a GM and ignore what Mervyn said he is just trying to trash you because you hurt his feelings or something.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    Nope It was gone within 20 mins of getting my body.  Showed 1/5 but I was on my charger.  Then 0/5 when no mount.

I have died and it has died many times.  It always returned before so I wasn't looking at the slots right away because it was dead and I was busy playing.

I gave it till the next day just in case i found it before I posted the Bug report.

Mervyn is fine.  I knew he would keep the post at the top for a day or two.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    I have been told that a bugged pet (still existing, but not showing in control slots and not stabled) can sometimes be salvaged by boarding a galleon using the rope. I have never had this happen to me, but some one I consider to be a reliable source has used this when his pets had this issue due to him crashing. Does not always work, and your bug may be a different issue. Can't hurt to try.