Display settings Classic Client

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited April 2023 in Bugs
"here is normal seemingly default setting for Classic client

But if you click the default button, it changes to some non default settings,

And actually i was unable to restore the settings to a corrected state on the account this happened to, even deleting the whole account folder..

if someone else wants to try repro..."
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "this bug has now spread to all of my accounts"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    lol
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,983Moderator
    erm, yes I discovered that when I tested, but when I saw the 'default' colors I simply hit 'cancel' so that they didn't apply. Once something has changed the uo.cfg file it can be very difficult to get it changed back.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,084
    That tells me what I must have done on an account. I could not see the Black gen chat color. Took me a while to figure out why one account could see chat and the other couldnt. It is impossible for me to reproduce the original blue color. Luckily I was on some random shard and it only affects it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    (OneDrive\ if you're using that)Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data\<Account Name>\<Shard Name>\<Character Name>\uo.cfg

ConferenceChatColor=1282

If it doesn't exist already, then add it to the bottom of the file. If you want a slightly brighter/easier to read hue use 1283.

The reason this overwrites is because it isn't added by default to the uo.cfg, and when a setting that isn't originally existing is changed it adds it to that uo.cfg file for that chr, but then it is also saved into the client.exe's volatile memory also and it will change that setting (in this case genchat) for every chr that logs in with that client.exe which doesn't have a custom setting already loaded for "ConferenceChatColor".