Enhanced Client - Character sometimes faces wrong direction when running

looploop Posts: 301
1. Summon a mount
2. As the summon completes, hold right click to run
3. Observe character model faces the wrong direction.

I've seen this in other contexts as well -- for example, while using Animal Form or while getting off your ship.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    What does another player see?  Looks like a fun bug if other see you going backwards.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    edited April 2023
    Is that server side or is that your computer not displaying you the right way.
    I think it is your computer not flipping your char around.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    It is run to watch when your character is pointed East or West when running North or South.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “It’s local only, not visible by third party”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Are you over clocking your CPU
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Why is it always someone else's fault ?
    It is his computer that is doing this not the UO server and we are guessing what may/may not be causing it.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I've had that happen occasionally, usually corrects itself in a few steps. I find it to be something to smile about rather than something to worry over. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Happens to me sometimes when I move the mouse really quickly.  Never thought about me pushing on the right mouse button but it’s quite possible I did without realizing it.  Will have to give it a try.  Another quirk is that I sometimes see players I am playing with in their underwear. Don’t know how they see themselves since I never see my player that way.  Don’t know if did anything with the mouse to get that view but it usually gets a smile and does not interfere in any way with the gameplay.
  • looploop Posts: 301
    Arnold7 said:
    Happens to me sometimes when I move the mouse really quickly.  Never thought about me pushing on the right mouse button but it’s quite possible I did without realizing it.  Will have to give it a try.  Another quirk is that I sometimes see players I am playing with in their underwear. Don’t know how they see themselves since I never see my player that way.  Don’t know if did anything with the mouse to get that view but it usually gets a smile and does not interfere in any way with the gameplay.
    See naked players all the time too. Was pretty pleased with myself when I figured out to reproduce this stupid one. Now if only I could reproduce healthbars failing to update or “ghost” mobs, which I seem to encounter every time I play…