So how do you get a bit banned ?

Got great advise a while back on how to combat the bots that script around and watch spawns and I've done alot with much success but sometimes it's be nice if the guilds that used the bots had to take a break from them because their stupid EJ account with that bot got banned. You block their path on an ej account. they freeze. Its a bot. Reported multiple timesOne member of said guild running the bot said in gen once. "Knew you be on this time blocking so we run manually. Screen shot and sent in email report. Reply said use in game report for this.  So legit players just screwed ? Anyone had sucess ?

Comments

• gaygay Posts: 358
    It's rare to see these things get banned. I've reported countless afk farmers in sanctuary, just to watch them get popped to the "Hey you got caught unattended macroing, shame on you!" moongate room in bucs/jhelom, then be back farming within the hour, and to see it happen all over again the next day. I've also seen EMs drop mobs that spit corrosive acid spit on the ground in an effort to harass players who farm the same mob in sanctuary without third party programs, the spit nearly instantly breaks their gear (from 254/254 straight to 0/180 in ~10 seconds) if they try to actually fight the mob instead of running out.
  • Is it even illegal these days ? They aren't out doing skills. Just walking around and reporting to their discord
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2023
    “Leave scout bots alone please,
    they are for information purpose only, 

I don’t try call GM on underwater bots that notify people when underwater keys are placed.

or Idoc bots that automatically post picture of idoc location on map to discord.

How scout bot is different?

leave please, or kill them if you want.

they create good action. Many guilds only work champ especially cos they enjoy being raided. (Or raid attempt)

Get nice fights away from stupid yew gate with laggy and buggy houses. 

If you call out in general chat or tag enemy in discord yourself they don’t take the bait.

need bots

and Keeps power scroll prices high enough to make it worth doing champs.

There is such a thing as healthy bacteria for the gut.

go report on actual afk farmers instead killing onis in fandancer dojo”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2023
    “You gonna report the trade minister NPC for barking where Krampus has spawned??

they are just player made NPCs

Cos dev don’t have enough time to make town crier bark that champ is up”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    edited April 2023
    a bot is a bot.  take 'em out, even friendlies if need be. cleanse this world so it can flourish once again.

Maybe they should just keep adding features from 'illegal program's to the game, so there would be a 'reporter; npc to spew when and where a champ spawn is being done. /sarcasm.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

"So how do you get a bit banned ?"

Just break the rules a little bit I guess. :)
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    edited April 2023
    Yoshi said:
    “Leave scout bots alone please,
    they are for information purpose only, 

I don’t try call GM on underwater bots that notify people when underwater keys are placed.

or Idoc bots that automatically post picture of idoc location on map to discord.

How scout bot is different?

leave please, or kill them if you want.

they create good action. Many guilds only work champ especially cos they enjoy being raided. (Or raid attempt)

Get nice fights away from stupid yew gate with laggy and buggy houses. 

If you call out in general chat or tag enemy in discord yourself they don’t take the bait.

need bots

and Keeps power scroll prices high enough to make it worth doing champs.

There is such a thing as healthy bacteria for the gut.

go report on actual afk farmers instead killing onis in fandancer dojo”
    I TOTALLY disagree.

Scout BOTs, to my opinion, are a disgrace to the game and also very much hurting regular players who want to play, attended, rather then scripting.....

Players want to monitor areas of the game ?

Well, then they should do it PERSONALLY, out of their time and not using scripted AFK BOTs who then send a scripted message to some Discord Channel for then players to log in and raid the location.

No thanks.

We have, to my opinion, a clear flaw in the Design benefitting players who, perhaps, not even pay a subscription but use EJ free accounts for the most part, and hurt players who, instead pay a monthly subscription and, thus, support the game with their money.

Yes, while to be a raider and attack other characters an EJ character can be suffice (upgraded to Times of Legend for Masteries), as well as Scout BOTs can very well be free EJ characters, to actually benefit from working a spawn it is necessary to actually have a subscribed character.

Thus, we are seeing what I consider a flaw in the Design which actually benefits players who use free, EJ accounts and hurts players who use subscribed accounts.

This makes no sense whatsoever to me, and eventually hurts the game as a whole, deterring paying, subscribed players to keep wanting to log in the game, and further helps players who, instead, make large use of free, EJ accounts to actually disrupt and hurt the gameplay of subscribed players.

@Kyronix , how can the use of Scout BOTs that so much hurts the game be permitted to keep going on, if I may ask ?

This is not just about Ghost Cams which after a while get booted to Shrines (not to mention the time to get booted for Ghost Cams being way too long....), but also about Hidden EJ Stealthing scripted CAMs which, not being Ghosts, do NOT get booted to Shrines....

And, no, Tracking/Detecting Hidden those Hidden EJ Stealthing Cams does not work because it takes an immense time to actually Track an entire area for Hidden EJ Stealthing Scout Cams which, depending on their script, keep moving so, even if a subscribed player Tracks a given area, that does not mean that a split second that an area has been Tracked, a Hidden Stealthing EJ Cam scout scripted character does not enter that same area thus forcing the subscribed players to actually having to keep tracking over and over and over, very, very large areas "in case" a Hidden Stealthing EJ scripted CAM was to enter it...

It is an unrealistic proposition as it would take way, but WAY too much time of a subscribed player and to do what then, to counter another player who, instead, is using EJ free characters and thus, does not support Ultima Online with his/her money ?

Are we serious ? We want PAYING customers to waste lots of their in-game time to track and detect NON-PAYING EJ Scout Bots who are actually scripted and do not even cost any of their time to be controlled by players who, perhaps, do not even support UO with their money, because all they use to Monitor areas and raid are EJ, free characters ?

Seriously ?

This is totally absurd, KYRONIX, and I am really, but REALLY astonished that the use of these Hidden, Stealthing EJ scripted BOT Cams is still being permitted to go on benefitting possibly players who only or mostly use EJ free accounts and hurts players who use paying, subscribed accounts and thus support UO with their money, and it is not terminated right away with an appropriate change in the game mechanics.

No wonder that we then see IDOCs falling and subscribed accounts being closed....

Please, KYRONIX, support PAYING, subscribed accouts and NOT players who use EJ, free accounts to hurt the gameplay of players who, instead, use subscribed accounts and thus support Ultima Online with their money.

Please, terminate the ability to use scripted, hidden and stealthing EJ BOT Cams once and for all !!!!

• SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    edited April 2023
    I agree with Popps, he sounds like he has a good grasp of things. Get rid of bots and scripters.

Let me preface by saying I don't pvp, am just a peaceful Trammy Tamer with a dream that one day nobody see's Red, Orange or Blue just shades of Grey. Being a tamer I need scrolls for pets, not being a pvper its nigh impossible.

Essentially players are extorted into paying as ej accounts cant get scrolls to drop in fel, however once you pay you realize You still cant get a scroll because you are raided 100 percent of the time by bot using scripters (the majority for RMT's).

i use this term loosely "Dev team" wont allow 120 scrolls to drop in Tram, why?

So they extort you to pay then allow RMT's to steal what you work so hard to get and expect you to pay again for the scrolls?

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    A bot is not a player playing at the keyboard. Not playing attended is cheating. Report it where you find it.
This discussion has been closed.