Uninsured/dropped items

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
“Many times there is guild dispute about giving back items that enemy player forgot to insure.
A general rule of fair play:

-  Any item that was being worn that is bespoke (EG jewellery/armor/splintering weapon) that cannot be replaced should be returned.
- Any item that is not bespoke EG cameo does not need to be returned
- Jewellery/armor that was looted but not being worn by enemy does not need to be returned (if item is at 255/255 dura)

- double reforge pieces EG 70 hit lightning 70 elemental weapons should be returned. - As these are difficult to replace.
- single reforge items EG 100% elemental weapons need not be returned”
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
    edited April 2023
    @Yoshi how do you "double reforge" an item, is this a new way to cheat that you and your guild have discovered?  Honest players can only reforge an item once.  @Mariah is he talking about an exploit?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    @Lord_Frodo I am afraid I have no idea what Yoshi means by 'double reforge'.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2023
    "i gave example, it's item with 2 x reforge only properties. So is difficult to craft.
    EG bokuto with 70 lightning and 70 poisoning sells for 800 mill

My Halberd is double reforge, not easy to replace, you won't find another for sale, can craft but takes many many runics. Basically anything that can't immediately be replaced from vendor search should be returned"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Lol honor amongst thieves 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "I think it's important to have some general fair play rules in writing.
    Last dispute, guild A looted 3 x expensive refinements from guild B

Guild B threatened to never return any dropped items.
    Guildmaster of Guild A ended up paying guild B 90 mill to settle dispute, which i don't think was necessary, uninsured items were fair game"
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    This honor never seems to extend to helpless victims only other pvpers 
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited April 2023
    If you loot something that someone drops, keep it or dont. Up to you, not anyone else.

Usually I don't mind returning things, but if they're huge pricks about it chances are I'll throw it in trash can over keeping it.

A player's decision and the impact it has on them or others is largely what used to make this game the great sand box that it was, and it's what we as players should hope that the devs allow us to do again.
  • ArmyArmy Posts: 9
    Not what double reforged means..double reforged was a bug years and years ago when it came out it’s almost ALL completely useless now minus the fast cast weps. That’s just regular reforged stuff that is all RNG. There’s no real unspoken rules. Don’t be a jerk return stuff..or don’t. 
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    While it’s been a good while since I’ve had the time or drive to engage in serious PvP, my personal thought was consumables or cursed items were fair game, everything else should be returned (except on Siege).

Obvious exceptions would be for things like event drops (ToT or eggs collected in Fel, etc.)
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited April 2023
    Mariah said:
    @ Lord_Frodo I am afraid I have no idea what Yoshi means by 'double reforge'.
       when reforging first came out, and you reforged a weapon that ended up with only % elemental damage, it could be reforged a 2nd time.

Armor & Shields could be reforged twice if 'Damage Eater" was the only mod from the first reforge.   players would reforge using the lower end runic kits for a good base item with either % ED or % dmg eater, then reforge using a high-end kit the 2nd time.

It's no longer possible to double reforge items.

Anyway, I've always returned equipment that dropped from players.  
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659