Thank you for the free speech

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited May 2018 in General Discussions
I would like to express my gratitude for the free speech we’re given on these official forums.

On the stratics forums you would basically be banned for expressing an opinion that differed to that of a moderator’s (although they would cite other reasons that made little sense).

I have been able to post many pro-fel posts that would have been censored on uostratics.

Many thanks.
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,257

I don't really blame the mods over there so much, they are better than they used to be.

I blame the entrenched players over there, who have such a blinkered viewpoint, and cannot see outside their tiny scope. I'm not even sure half of them play, or know what goes on in UO.

I'm actively trying to broaden their scope as we speak. :)

Keep up the good work on the Felucca posts!

• ArchnightArchnight Posts: 48
    Mervyn said:
    On the stratics forums you would basically be banned for expressing an opinion that differed to that of a moderator’s (although they would cite other reasons that made little sense).

I have been able to post many pro-fel posts that would have been censored on uostratics.
    Such false claims made in your post, only when you break the site rules or ignore moderators (just like here) will you get a warning/banned. There's no need to play the victim on these boards...

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Mervyn said:
    I would like to express my gratitude for the free speech we’re given on these official forums.

Many thanks.
    Prove it. Show a pic of your profile page that shows how many warnings.  Then take the ones away for your religious postings.  How many are left.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I have not been banned once on these forums, also, I have had only 2 posts removed and each time I received a perfectly good and polite explanation as to why the post was removed. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

I guess a screen shot is too difficult.

Shouldn't this be in the Forum Feedback section?
    edited May 2018
    as requested.This looks bad, but they constituted referring to trammel players as trammies or carebears as inappropriate language.

edited May 2018
    I doubt you get any sympathy from those personal attacks.  

I do not think trolling and personal attacks are going to be accepted here either.

You did learn tho.  It took a while from the 2012 glut.  You were pleasant in 2015 and 2016.

You can delete that is you like.  You showed proof.  I was the only one asking.

Thanks
    I do not do personal attacks. I haven’t changed my posts. Just thankful for the freedom of speech given to us in these forums. 

• ArchnightArchnight Posts: 48
    Mervyn said:
    This looks bad
    Lol no no it's THAT bad, again please own up and stop playing the victim here on these forums. We BOTH know those warnings were given for a reason and by following the site rules and listening to the moderators after numerous chances most of those infractions would have been avoided.

This thread should be deleted as it references a site which these forums do not allow, also this is no different than someone saying they're innocent after being proven guilty more than once... some people will just never learn and/or change

• FatFat Posts: 97
    Look at the Stratics Trammies come out of nowhere.
    Fat said:
    Look at the Stratics Trammies come out of nowhere.

Go ahead and do a personal attack here and see how long the post lasts.  We have read his posts for years.  Have you?  
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    this sort of thread will not fly here. there will be a grace period where we get to know one another. just know the rule 1 of the terms of service is number 1 for a reason. 
This discussion has been closed.