Any chance we can have some items added to cleanup points?

I know it might not be a top priority but I think it's been a couple years since the clean-up points list had things added; so I was hoping we could have it updated.

The biggest thing I think needs to be added are items that are tagged as "Antique". I'm not sure why these wouldn't just act like any other item. Even "Cursed" weapons (which are worse than Antique) have clean up value.

Just a few things off the top of my head I would think should be added:

Eodon items (tiger pelt armor / turtle armor / etc)
All holiday/anniversary items prior to 2023
Krampus reward titles / cards
TMap Skull Rug

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,257
    I don't think antique items need to be on a clean-up list, any normal pvm loot tbh - the reason being - you can already smelt or cut these for ingots or leather, or unravel them for imbuing materials - which I think is enough.

I agree on the rest, yes, a lot more items, such as holiday rewards could find themselves into clean-up.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    keven2002 said:

The biggest thing I think needs to be added are items that are tagged as "Antique". I'm not sure why these wouldn't just act like any other item. Even "Cursed" weapons (which are worse than Antique) have clean up value.

I think it’s simply because Antique items are meant to break up fast and don’t last forever so it doesn’t need to be cleaned up. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    yeah its time to update the reward list..
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,140
    edited March 2023
    Another thing to add points for would be the Yukio items that were rewards instead of the earrings. I have a bunch of those that I found in a bag while doing some cleaning and they all appraised for 0 points. Event is what? 2-3 years old? Let's get some points on these things so I can make room
  • looploop Posts: 302
    edited March 2023
    I think it makes sense to rotate out all the items on a regular basis.

If the team is looking for more “automatic” updates while they work on NL, it would be easy to prep an entire year’s worth of item rotations and perhaps it could be doled out monthly, so as to give people something to work towards.

In my opinion, this would be better than releasing a new item on the store once every three months or whatever.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,678
    21st anniversary gifts have points
    (all gifts after that, should have points added)

by adding this stuff to cleanup,
    it helps people get rid of stuff they are hoarding.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,983
    Not only points but the rewards should be updated..
    Grimbeard said:
    Not only points but the rewards should be updated..
    Baby steps! I'd love to just get things updated for points

21st anniversary gifts have points
    (all gifts after that, should have points added)

by adding this stuff to cleanup,
    it helps people get rid of stuff they are hoarding.

100%
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 793
    There are plenty of existing ways to farm cleanup points.

New cleanup rewards sounds good.  How about:
    1. crafting recipe for Yukio earrings, costs 10 million cleanup points.
    2. a key ingredient for Yukio earrings recipe costs 2 million cleanup points.
    3. new gargoyle item that combines certain Human earrings (yukio, solarias' etc) with another gargoyle earing piece.

There are plenty of existing ways to farm cleanup points.

New cleanup rewards sounds good.  How about:
    1. crafting recipe for Yukio earrings, costs 10 million cleanup points.
    2. a key ingredient for Yukio earrings recipe costs 2 million cleanup points.
    3. new gargoyle item that combines certain Human earrings (yukio, solarias' etc) with another gargoyle earing piece.

It's not about needing to farm; it's about updating a list of clean up points that hasn't been touched in 4+ years. Example: Yukio rewards weren't even around the last time clean up points were updated and currently give zero. Surely they should give something being a quest reward. Same would go for last year's Spring event rewards. Same for another couple dozen things that currently aren't worth anything simply because they weren't around 4 years ago.

IMO it's more realistic to ask for items be given a point value because that's simply taking the time to update a table (Item Id = X points) versus thinking up new items as rewards which may or may not be over powered.
    edited March 2023
    Maybe the UO developers have a checklist for every new item that is added, perhaps it includes things like:
    1. Can the thing be used by gargoyles?
    2. Can the thing be altered for gargoyles?
    3. Does the item cause imbalance to humans vs. gargoyles?
    4. Does the item work with a [clothing] bless deed?
    5. Does it work for transmog?
    6. Can the item be repaired?
    7. Can the item be repaired after transmog?
    8. Does the item work with POF?
    9. Does the item work as a forged metal of artifacts target?
    999.  What are the cleanup points assigned to the item?

It's easy enough to just trash the 100s of Yukio consolation prizes, and pickup cleanup points elsewhere.  Lots of other cases where "update a table" could be done, I just wonder where that fits priority wise...
    If they had such a chart gargoyles would be using yukio earrings @Kyronix can we please get this fixed?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,118Dev
    @Grimbeard - what specifically are you asking for?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,033
    edited March 2023
    Waits for the stammering attempt at an answer.

:popcorn:

I have a better answer. Gargoyles should have horn ring slot to put Yukio's, Solaras, nightsight. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Yukio earrings with resistance for gargoyles 
    edited March 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    A more generic solution is here:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/80745/#Comment_80745

(the first part of that thread may be of interest too, I don't know if that has been fixed.  the issue where vlukrax deletes transmogged items too).

It's not really enough to just add resistances to Yukio's, if you think about the fact a human can have both Yukio and scholar halo equipped.
    Grimbeard said:
    Ugh he will put 2 resist in each with that non specific answer. Earrings are a main slot for gargoyles. You would have a main slot with no stats.

Those special earrings turned to horn deco would be much better.
    Grimbeard said:
    A more generic solution is here:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/80745/#Comment_80745

(the first part of that thread may be of interest too, I don't know if that has been fixed.  the issue where vlukrax deletes transmogged items too).

It's not really enough to just add resistances to Yukio's, if you think about the fact a human can have both Yukio and scholar halo equipped.

Baby steps! Thank you @Kyronix for the communication 
    Hmm... so I'm asking for specific items to be added to the list of cleanup points and McDougle is asking for the 1000th time for some vague "gargoyle love" and Kyronix responds to him and not me... interesting.

Welp... BG Fishing Pole 2.0 here we go...

Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Ugh he will put 2 resist in each with that non specific answer. Earrings are a main slot for gargoyles. You would have a main slot with no stats.

Even Allen knows the deal when being vague on requests
    Kyronix said:
    @ Grimbeard - what specifically are you asking for?

That moment Kyronix responds for the first time in 6 months, and you don't actually have an answer for him. :)

How exactly was my response unclear?  you folks always let your dislike of me cloud your judgment 
    edited March 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    How exactly was my response unclear?  you folks always let your dislike of me cloud your judgment 
    I've got no dislike for you at all. :)

I like most of your posts, I was just commenting for the humour, that's what it looked like to me :)

I'll be honest, I did not understand your response fully, but I was also not that bothered to try and understand it more.

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,118Dev
    Doubt we will adjust the Yukio's earrings.  

Adding new items to the cleanup system is something we may have bandwidth for in 116, but no guarantees.  
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Kyronix said:

Adding new items to the cleanup system is something we may have bandwidth for in 116, but no guarantees.  

Not enough bandwidth? Bell South called, they said it's 2023 and fiber exists, also that your DSL bill is past due.
    gay said:
    Kyronix said:

Not enough bandwidth? Bell South called, they said it's 2023 and fiber exists, also that your DSL bill is past due.
    Bandwidth as in the amount of things they can fit into the "to do"/"wish list" for the next publish.  
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Pawain said:
    gay said:
    Kyronix said:

Bandwidth as in the amount of things they can fit into the "to do"/"wish list" for the next publish.  

No way, really?
    /s
  • RinerRiner Posts: 357
    edited April 2023
    @Kyronix Sounds like an interesting challenge, come up with viable new rewards for turn in points. I'll start, how about a Treasure Hunters Suit, same basic resists as the current three suits only with a bonus to the level of the treasure chest. All pieces equiped raises chest by one level. More costumes would be fun. Fisherman's cameo which adds +10 to Fishing. Bard instruments aimed at Edon. I'm sure others have plenty of other ideas as well!

• I dont usually read other peoples threads its like reading a kids diary.

All the items for eggs are junk.

Can we get ;
    New rides (ethy Kangaroo or wombat would be good)
    Some more fifty sdi slayer books
    A skirt that blows up when you fart, 
    Horse poop instead of mud.
    A parrot that fights.
    and instead of making unused eggs useless, cant we use them to throw  at devs at meet and greets?

Always your fiend 

Saul x x o o x x

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542

I dont usually read other peoples threads its like reading a kids diary.

Can we get ;
    A parrot that fights.
    and instead of making unused eggs useless, cant we use them to throw  at devs at meet and greets?

Always your fiend 

Saul x x o o x x

Shouldn't you be crying and whining about how much you hate the event in GC instead of wasting time here? 
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Tyrath said:

I dont usually read other peoples threads its like reading a kids diary.

Can we get ;
    A parrot that fights.

Always your fiend 

Saul x x o o x x

Shouldn't you be crying and whining about how much you hate the event in GC instead of wasting time here? 
    lmao

I would like to get some clean up points for some of these posts I would like to delete.