ROYAL Forged Pardons should be removed from the game....

poppspopps Posts: 3,971
edited March 2023 in General Discussions
Why do I think so ?

Because they make it pointless to buy Forged Pardons if one has several murder counts and, thus, deprive Treasure Hunters from which forged pardons come from, of a possible item to sell.

Besides, Murder counts were added back in the days for a reason.... having more counts should be a tedious and laborious and expensive thing to wipe off.

Yet, with Royal Forged Pardons one can turn from red to blue in the blink of an eye.

Not saying it should not be possible but, at least, players should have to buy whatever forged pardons they need depending on their murder counts and foot the bill.

Now, instead, forged pardons from treasure hunting pile up and hardly get sold because, hey, a "royal" forged pardon cleans them all.....

At the very least, also the "Royal" forged Pardons should be added to Treasure Hunting.

Comments

  • Pardons don't sell because PvP isn't nearly as prevalent as it once was. Royal forged pardons take an awful lot of points to purchase, so unless a person is practically living in towns to claim VvV points without getting into a PvP fight the entire time ... they are the not the reason you can't sell pardons from t-mapping.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

    "Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,376
    I have no problem selling them on my vendor. Maybe it's the price you ask?
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 301
    This isn’t an issue on Great Lakes.  There’s rarely ever a royal forged pardon for sale.  And forged pardons have easily been selling for a mil or two.  This seems to be a you problem.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,177
    @popps can you post a picture of the forged pardons in your vendor?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I always thought it should be balanced.  Something like you can only use a Royal pardon 1 time (or once every 12 months or so).  This would give reds with a ridiculous number of counts a reprieve while still maintaining a market for single count pardons.


  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,309
    Disagree.

    Royal Forged Pardons take awhile to get, not many are willing to do it, but for those who like to get them, its a nice part of the game, they are also useful. Many of the times you go red, you are protecting yourself from scouting, or griefing Blues, whose sole game is to make you red, so the ability to clear these down is important after a night out. :)

    Your "in the blink of an eye", is valued at least 10m, or 20 odd full towns, which is a fair amount of time. It's quite often overkill for the purpose required.

    Back to Pardons, many pvpers, just need, or prefer the single use ones. It is true there is less pvp in general, so there is less need.



  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 936
    Pawain said:
    @ popps can you post a picture of the forged pardons in your vendor?
    of course he won't

    either far too expensive, or most likely he has none

    Champion of no people at it again


  • A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • poppspopps Posts: 3,971
    Pawain said:
    @ popps can you post a picture of the forged pardons in your vendor?
    Not necessary, just check out Atlantic VS, the one "Production" Shard among them all with the most lively PvP (at least judging from General Chat, at any time of the day...)..... there is about 20 Forged Pardons up to 3M, and 57 from 3.1M to 4M and further more priced over 4M.

    And before anyone comes up and says that they should be priced lower, haven't we been discussing on this same UO Forum about UO's inflation and prices going up ?

    For the Record, "Royal" Forged Pardons on Atlantic currently go from about 15M to 40M mostly, with a few priced above 40M.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,741


    oh for shame a troll, ;)
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2023
    "Royal pardons actually mean people buy MORE normal pardons.

    Because if you get 20 murder counts at an idoc, (which i have done EASILY before casting wither) you're never going to buy 20 normal pardons, you would just keep the char red. But if that person eats a royal pardon, they are more likely to murder again at champ spawns etc and buy normal pardons.

    If royal pardons didn't exist, people would have one char red and just kill blues on their red. "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 936
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    @ popps can you post a picture of the forged pardons in your vendor?
    Not necessary, just check out Atlantic VS, the one "Production" Shard among them all with the most lively PvP (at least judging from General Chat, at any time of the day...)..... there is about 20 Forged Pardons up to 3M, and 57 from 3.1M to 4M and further more priced over 4M.

    And before anyone comes up and says that they should be priced lower, haven't we been discussing on this same UO Forum about UO's inflation and prices going up ?

    For the Record, "Royal" Forged Pardons on Atlantic currently go from about 15M to 40M mostly, with a few priced above 40M.
    "Not necessary"

    Here we go again

    So why does this affect YOU personally Popps?

    Is this just something other random thing to moan about?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,812
    Do pardons have a cool down timer?  If not should they?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2023
    "no they don't and i can't see a reason why they should

    I don't even understand why you have to use them anyway, if a blue is harassing you by wallscripting or you've worked a champ all the way up to the boss and a blue comes and hits your champ, why you have to take a penalty?
    if someone is blue and playing outside guardzone in fel, they are consenting to pvp, not sure why the murder counts come in"

    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Yoshi said:
    "no they don't and i can't see a reason why they should

    I don't even understand why you have to use them anyway, if a blue is harassing you by wallscripting or you've worked a champ all the way up to the boss and a blue comes and hits your champ, why you have to take a penalty?
    if someone is blue and playing outside guardzone in fel, they are consenting to pvp, not sure why the murder counts come in"

    I think they should make all dungeon server locations in Fel work just like an active VvV town… you are orange as long as you’re there.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,077
    Or just do away with a broken antiquated system that no longer has any meaning and everyone is fair game all the time 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,221
    It's balanced as is. Each pardon has it's place. 

    Nobody is spending 40mil to wipe a couple counts. 
  • popps said:
    Why do I think so ?

    Because they make it pointless to buy Forged Pardons if one has several murder counts and, thus, deprive Treasure Hunters from which forged pardons come from, of a possible item to sell.

    Besides, Murder counts were added back in the days for a reason.... having more counts should be a tedious and laborious and expensive thing to wipe off.

    Yet, with Royal Forged Pardons one can turn from red to blue in the blink of an eye.

    Not saying it should not be possible but, at least, players should have to buy whatever forged pardons they need depending on their murder counts and foot the bill.

    Now, instead, forged pardons from treasure hunting pile up and hardly get sold because, hey, a "royal" forged pardon cleans them all.....

    At the very least, also the "Royal" forged Pardons should be added to Treasure Hunting.

    I gotta disagree i kill bots get a hundred counts pop a royal and start again.
  • KarynKaryn Posts: 55
    After all these years, how do people still fall for these troll attempts?
  • I can vid the bots I kill and show you if you like, Same person running four bots non stop, I just made a low skill guy who has killed them over a hundred times.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    But the newsletter always shows they are banning multiboxers!
Sign In or Register to comment.