Seeking Interviews with vet players and developers

Good morning everyone!

I doubt anyone here will remember me, but years ago I played on the Pacific shard (primarily) as Duke Winter. Currently I am a Journalism and Communication student at Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops BC, Canada, and I'm seeking the assistance of some legitimate veteran players (>10 year accounts, but older the better) and game developers/EM's (former or current) to interview for a feature article.

The article is going to focus on the longevity of the game, celebrating UO's 25th anniversary and looking ahead to the future. I'd love to speak to people with unique perspectives and opinions on the game, or stories from the "good ol' days." Potential interviews will take place both in game (whatever shard you like, though I should have established characters on Pacific...I hope) and on the phone (or through WhatsApp/DIscord; whatever people are comfortable with). Subjects will be given links to previous articles I've written for several newspapers in my city.

If you'd be interested in speaking with me, please DM me and we can go over the details.

Thanks all!

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    nice to see you back !

good luck with this I look forward to reading it
  • Skett said:
    nice to see you back !

good luck with this I look forward to reading it

Thank you, Skett! Not sure how long I'll stay, but it's nice to be back for a bit.

At the moment I don't have plans to publish the article. After it's finished being marked by my professor I'll consider it. If I don't publish it I'll put it on a file sharing service so people can read it at their leisure.

DW
  • VmaxVmax Posts: 10
    Hello! I sent you a DM.
    Since 10/2/97!
  • Vmax said:
    Hello! I sent you a DM.

Al, I assume?
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Nope not me
  • Then I did not receive the DM. Lol
  • VmaxVmax Posts: 10
    Then I did not receive the DM. Lol
    Apologies, I probably screwed it up. I’ve replied to your dm.
    Since 10/2/97!
  • So far I've had interest from three parties who may wish to participate. I'd love to have one or two more. If you're interested please DM me your deets (including an email address) and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, all.

DW
  • Hi, Come interview me, fel yew on atl.
  • Hi Duke! I would recommend reaching out over at the r/ultimaonline sub-Reddit too. Lots of old vets there. 
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    I’d share w ya if u’d wanna contact here thru dm’s. Not keen on giving out my email to strangers. HMU if u’d like.

Started playing in beta on an account 3 of us shared in college. Been around since the start.
  • Mordin_RockbiterMordin_Rockbiter Posts: 64
    edited March 2023
    I'll share something that might be interesting to explore, The New York Times even wrote an article about it back in the day. It concerned the story of Flint and Tess Fireforge, They used to be my neighbors on Lake Superior. Lovely story of two people who met and eventually married. It was one of the very first Online, ingame weddings. Always kind of wondered what happened to them.
    Here's a thread from 2001 on Stratic you might find interesting and even mentions Flint and Tess.

• AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    Wouldn't it be interesting to do a follow up on those that met in game and ended up developing RL relationships? See how they're doing today? If they still play? Play together?