Peeing on the graves of the dead

Can anyone please explain to me why they would remove the tributes to dead players? I am just a noob but it offends me.

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    They don’t want memorials littering the countryside like the nine or less they removed from my shard.  They want everything to be uniform.  Not saying I agree with their logic that attempts to remove the human element from a game based on that.  But that is their logic.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,897
    If they want uniform why are personal docks left many guilds have structures etc many brit banks still decorated most shards have appropriate holiday shard specific decoration why only players memorials??  And of all the things Mesanna has to do how could it be in even the top 25 of to dos...
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2023
    The Dev should start to open a thread and let the community discuss age-old issues. 

Things like this, shard bound etc are done without a thread of debates between those who support and who are against.

If it's something completely new, perhaps there isn't much "strong" opinion.

But if it's an existing feature and not a bug or exploit, I would strongly advise the team to seek community opinion.

In that case, @Mariah won't have to close thread, just prune those that post offensive remarks.

In that case, @Mesanna @Kyronix will show that they are still listening. The two sides in the community will be debating with each other, instead of blaming the Dev team.

So, I am taking a neutral stand here. The players are getting frustrated.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    No need for debate put a poll on log in screen...
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Just so you know, Grimbeard, removing the decorations on the banks was a hot topic about a year or so ago.  Thankfully, UO allowed them to stay.  Think the issue with the memorials was that UO thought the future demand for them, given the age of the better part of the player base, would be so great that the numerous memorials requested would interfere with the game play.  That’s just my opinion.  They created the memorial in the sky to accommodate those players that wanted to set up memorials for the departed.  Not saying I agree or disagree with these decisions just trying to explain what I think the thinking is behind them.
    edited February 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    No need for debate put a poll on log in screen...
    I don’t think it’s good to decide by numbers. Anyone can setup separate account like some of you did, and double or triple vote to win.

We are not kids and it helps to understand the reasoning. The “reasons” could still be unacceptable to some, albeit it may be plain logically correct but somewhat lacking in the emotion department because they need to realise they are dealing with one of the oldest online gaming community in the world today.

Today, decisions on big issues seem to be based on the whim and fancy of one or very few. Fine if this is a new development but not for a game which we grew with it for 20 years or more.
    edited February 2023
    Arnold7 said:
    Just so you know, Grimbeard, removing the decorations on the banks was a hot topic about a year or so ago.  Thankfully, UO allowed them to stay.  Think the issue with the memorials was that UO thought the future demand for them, given the age of the better part of the player base, would be so great that the numerous memorials requested would interfere with the game play.  That’s just my opinion.  They created the memorial in the sky to accommodate those players that wanted to set up memorials for the departed.  Not saying I agree or disagree with these decisions just trying to explain what I think the thinking is behind them.
    If they placed them in the past when the land is over flooded with housing, I don’t see anything threatening to recreate land scarcity again. NLS is a separate server. Is the Dev team expecting Ultima Online to run out of land space for housing soon? They have plenty of land and unused space reserved for game play and events.

Maybe one day I will mistaken my shard is a new shard… there is nothing that proved it’s existence and rich history for the past 20 over years.
  • There's a other whole thread about this.

I, for one, find no rational reason for what they did and must conclude that they find it fun to create problems for the EMs (who get the bulk of player ire for these sorts of decisions).

On GL, I am aware of one person who had a memorial then turned up quite alive some time later but that was too long ago to be an actual motive for this.

If they're concerned with clutter, I've pointed out to them numerous times things they did that are more cluttery than these memorials were (for example Sherry's carriage's dead horses outside of Skara, the mis-aligned Honor Moongate, the spam of the "Seers" that we all know by now are really Crimson Dragons so why not re-name them and change their spammy speech?). They choose what to focus on memorials instead.

Oh well.
    Has anyone seen the hideous structure Mesanna  placed for the players of LS  ugly with her name on it when exactly is it slated for deletion @Mesanna ?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Grimbeard said:
    Has anyone seen the hideous structure Mesanna  placed for the players of LS  ugly with her name on it when exactly is it slated for deletion @ Mesanna ?
    Were you forced to look at it?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Yes as a matter of fact 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Sad to say but Mesanna is not as involved with UO as she once was and people probably bitched because she was not willing to do memorials like she did in the past so right or wrong she made a new memorial that is one size for everybody.  I am not saying she is right but this entitlement BS is start to get out of hand, just because Little Billy gets something does NOT mean you should too.  What UO is going WOKE now.
  • Lord Frodo don't ever say WOKE around me in UO.  Otherwise I'll have to rez-kill you into oblivion.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    WOKE Is A Joke !
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I think this one has gone far enough.
This discussion has been closed.