Unhappy LS players

lots of unhappy players on LS right now.  poorly announced event that was supposed to go "all day" was over by 7am.  and people have been just waiting around the alter since then.  not sure if the EM is even aware, if its broken, or was just very poorly thought out.

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,898
    Unhappy LS players or Unhappy off shard scavengers? 
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited February 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Unhappy LS players or Unhappy off shard scavengers? 

dunno.  when the EM placed the gate most the characters who actually completed the spawn / boss were auto-attacking throwers.  doesnt really matter, normal events have around 300 characters only 30 or so made this one.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited February 2023
    I see a few familiar toons. There would be more Cus if those were LS residents. Sunday's are really dead on LS so advantage leechers.

Well that makes Smoots  item more valuable if not fixed.

Hopefully I can do the spawn tonight.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited February 2023
    Chat is very busy for a Sunday afternoon, Thrixx attempted to fix the spawn but he could not make it work without him adjusting whatever. So he took the spawn and gates down.

Rumors say only one spawn worked so it was done by around 7am if those are correct.

At least some leechers got the rewards to sell on Atlantic at a premium because few were given out.  :D

He told people at the last event that there would be a spawn this weekend.

Also this was posted on the 7th. So this was announced as well as all of the LS events. @Smoot

Lovelorn - Sunday, 2/19 
    Return to the fairy's last known location...

Gates at the First Bank of Britannia and east Luna steps.

There is no time because it was supposed to be all day.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    Chat is very busy for a Sunday afternoon, Thrixx attempted to fix the spawn but he could not make it work without him adjusting whatever. So he took the spawn and gates down.

Rumors say only one spawn worked so it was done by around 7am if those are correct.

At least some leechers got the rewards to sell on Atlantic at a premium because few were given out.  :D

He told people at the last event that there would be a spawn this weekend.

Also this was posted on the 7th. So this was announced as well as all of the LS events. @ Smoot

Lovelorn - Sunday, 2/19 
    Return to the fairy's last known location...

Gates at the First Bank of Britannia and east Luna steps.

There is no time because it was supposed to be all day.

Should probably just install a clicky for everyone to get the item then.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 312
    edited February 2023
    .  Most other games ( COUGH) WOW (COUGH)  put past event items in their in game store.

edited by Mariah

• Luc_of_Legends said:Most other games ( COUGH) WOW (COUGH)  put past event items in their in game store.

As an avid player of WoW, I must say, this is completely not true. Not a single thing on the store is from events in wow, past or present.

Most things from limited time events can never be obtained again. Even past seasonal rewards arent obtainable again.

KSM mounts, gladiator mounts, elite pvp sets, challenge mode armor + weapons, challenge mode mounts, pet/tabard from the WOTLK prepatch event, pet/tabard from 2008 Olympics, legendary mount from opening AQ, AOTC mounts....and I could go on.

• Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 312
    edited February 2023
    Promathia said:
    Luc_of_Legends said:Most other games ( COUGH) WOW (COUGH)  put past event items in their in game store.

As an avid player of WoW, I must say, this is completely not true. Not a single thing on the store is from events in wow, past or present.

Most things from limited time events can never be obtained again. Even past seasonal rewards arent obtainable again.

KSM mounts, gladiator mounts, elite pvp sets, challenge mode armor + weapons, challenge mode mounts, pet/tabard from the WOTLK prepatch event, pet/tabard from 2008 Olympics, legendary mount from opening AQ, AOTC mounts....and I could go on.

I stand corrected and apologize.   WOW isn't suffering from a lack of cash coming in like UO it was an idea and Mesanna poo-pooed it while others called for my head for suggesting it.
    edited by Mariah
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I think we can end this one now.
This discussion has been closed.