Crafting a Mage Luck Suit for the Mini Abominations

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,195
    I think the key thing for everyone to keep in mind is that the luck suit is geared towards mini-abominations which shouldn't be something that has massive HP so you can probably get away with a 50 SDI spellbook casting a few spells (ie don't need a happy medium suit - you want am max luck type suit).

If we are talking a longer fight where SDI/Mana matter (like UW) then you would need to use 2 suits; one SDI suit to fight in and the luck suit to swap over to before it dies.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,049
    I run 4 luck suits my character lives and dies everyday in them i do all content in them the plate one still needs work but it is all 70 with each piece +8 sta  the first two are my fisher and t hunter both 100 lrc both are tamers and do well the third is studded with 55 lmc etc  

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,142
    @Seth the egg drop from the bunny chance is based on the top three damagers.  With luck and UO RNG involved. There can also be an egg on the corpse.

So 4 eggs possible per thorn.

We do not know the resists and stats yet. They used a vorpal bunny on TC. 

So until we see it live, we can't determine its difficulty.

If you are alone with a bunny, there is no competition.

But we can still weigh our options on SDI vs Luck.

@keven2002 has a suit and pieces. Maybe he can give his thoughts on minimum SDI to effectively kill things then see how much luck is left.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,960
    Grimbeard said:
    I run 4 luck suits my character lives and dies everyday in them i do all content in them the plate one still needs work but it is all 70 with each piece +8 sta  the first two are my fisher and t hunter both 100 lrc both are tamers and do well the third is studded with 55 lmc etc  

@Grimbeard ;

Can you please give a breakdown of what items in the suit permit to Zanoc McDougle to have a total of 3,640 Luck ?

Thank you.
    edited February 2023
    Pawain said:
    @ Seth the egg drop from the bunny chance is based on the top three damagers.  With luck and UO RNG involved. There can also be an egg on the corpse.

@ keven2002 has a suit and pieces. Maybe he can give his thoughts on minimum SDI to effectively kill things then see how much luck is left.
    It will still take a whole lot more time as compared to just walking by and picking eggs off the ground...

If we consider that it took 10 eggs to make 1 Reward point, and there were Rewards costing up to 200-250 points (cannot remember well exactly how many points the Top rewards costed..), considering how the gathering of eggs will take considerably longer with the Mini Abomination spawnn as compared to just how it was picking them off the ground, unless Rewards will cost a lot less points in the upcoming Event, players will likely be able to get a lot less Rewards this upcoming Event, unless they can spend a whole lot of their time playing the Event and have plenty thorns to burn....
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:

@ Grimbeard 

Can you please give a breakdown of what items in the suit permit to Zanoc McDougle to have a total of 3,640 Luck ?

Thank you.
    There's a  list of the luck arties on Stratics 190 for all the non  artie pieces plus luck statue 
    edited February 2023
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    @ Seth the egg drop from the bunny chance is based on the top three damagers.  With luck and UO RNG involved. There can also be an egg on the corpse.

@ keven2002 has a suit and pieces. Maybe he can give his thoughts on minimum SDI to effectively kill things then see how much luck is left.
    It will still take a whole lot more time as compared to just walking by and picking eggs off the ground...

If we consider that it took 10 eggs to make 1 Reward point, and there were Rewards costing up to 200-250 points (cannot remember well exactly how many points the Top rewards costed..), considering how the gathering of eggs will take considerably longer with the Mini Abomination spawnn as compared to just how it was picking them off the ground, unless Rewards will cost a lot less points in the upcoming Event, players will likely be able to get a lot less Rewards this upcoming Event, unless they can spend a whole lot of their time playing the Event and have plenty thorns to burn....
    Stick with the subject. We are discussing making a Luck Suit for a specific event.  Do your pre event complaining in your own thread.

As for the Thorns, you already got the thread where I told you to plant seeds over 2 weeks ago LOCKED.
    Did you plant seeds or choose to not plant them and complain because you do not have enough.  
    There is another thread about seeds. Use it for seed and thorn topics.

Stick to the topic and when you post here show a luck item you made.

Thanks.
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:

@ Grimbeard 

Thank you.
    There's a  list of the luck arties on Stratics 190 for all the non  artie pieces plus luck statue 
    Ah, so that is counting also the Luck Statue....

I thought it was only from worn items and thus could not come out with all of the items which could total 3,640 Luck....

Also the other characters which you posted have their total Luck displayed counting also Luck from the Luck statue ?
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:

@ Grimbeard 

Thank you.
    Ah, so that is counting also the Luck Statue....

I thought it was only from worn items and thus could not come out with all of the items which could total 3,640 Luck....

Also the other characters which you posted have their total Luck displayed counting also Luck from the Luck statue ?think only one had luck statue bonus 
    Also keep in mind Garr with 120 fishing and Zanoc with thunter build not only survive but earn their own drops in dungeon events 
    edited February 2023
    @Seth ; I decided to start over and make a complete suit from scratch. Enhance all the pieces so it is done. 

Note: I did not have the Boots on when creating the suit so I put in 10 extra LRC but that is only +2 Mana that could go it those points place. (also for some reason my nakid guy that was the suit model had 110 LRC with boots, but Nella has 120.)

So this part I compare SDI vs Luck

The Suit has the following non Crafted Pieces.

Head  Mark Of Wildfire
    Talisman  Lucky Charm
    Earrings  Yukio's
    Robe  Blackthorn or the Old version
    Neck  Mempo
    Cloak Serpent Skin Quiver
    Ring  Compassions Eye
    Bracelet Bracelet of Primal Consumption
    Shoes  Minax Sandals

Crafted Pieces, all have 190 Luck:

Chest
    Arms
    Gloves
    Legs
    1 hand sword
    Shield

Added pieces with no Luck
    Lt Sash or replica
    Tangle

Looks like 2840 is the maximum luck without using the Statue. (unless someone knows of a better piece for a slot than I have.)  I have 2830 because I did not use the Armor of Fortune Chest.

To get more SDI I replaced the arms with Cuffs of the Archmage and replaced the sword with a 50SDI Spellbook. (that fell out of Grims Book Pouch)

The other thing you could replace that would not cost you a lot of Luck vs SDI would be replacing the bracelet with a 150 Luck with SDI Bracelet.  *see note

That would Give 15 More SDI with only a 50 Loss in Luck, so very economical. But you may have to pay more attention to Resists.

2400 Luck 120 SDI.

I think that you can play a Mage with that.  But you are not going to have the 30 MR you are used to.

2400 Luck should be enough.  More for the hour of Statue use.

* The bracelets on Atl VS that were less than 70M were Antique or Cursed, but they are cheap.
    Jewelry can have 18SDI and 150 Luck, they are there but less common in general.
    temp.jpg 103.8K
    edited February 2023
    One thing to consider when making a suit for your Mage. The Tamer/Mage I was going to use has 794 skill points.  So, this suit is not a good match for him, His magery is only 95 without his jewelry.

So, choose a mage with fewer skill points on jewels.

Also when using the max Luck mage, make sure you put LMC on all the pieces you craft.  Or find a bracelet with LMC.
    The thing i that's overlooked and the most confusing/difficult is that all my characters have different luck sweet spots although i still think this could simply be mistaken perception? 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    @ Seth  I decided to start over and make a complete suit from scratch. Enhance all the pieces so it is done. 

Note: I did not have the Boots on when creating the suit so I put in 10 extra LRC but that is only +2 Mana that could go it those points place. (also for some reason my nakid guy that was the suit model had 110 LRC with boots, but Nella has 120.)

Head  Mark Of Wildfire
    Talisman  Lucky Charm
    Earrings  Yukio's
    Neck  Mempo
    Ring  Compassions Eye
    Shoes  Minax Sandals

Chest
    Arms
    Gloves
    Legs
    1 hand sword
    Shield

Lt Sash or replica
    Tangle

Looks like 2840 is the maximum luck without using the Statue. (unless someone knows of a better piece for a slot than I have.)  I have 2830 because I did not use the Armor of Fortune Chest.

To get more SDI I replaced the arms with Cuffs of the Archmage and replaced the sword with a 50SDI Spellbook. (that fell out of Grims Book Pouch)

The other thing you could replace that would not cost you a lot of Luck vs SDI would be replacing the bracelet with a 150 Luck with SDI Bracelet.  *see note

That would Give 15 More SDI with only a 50 Loss in Luck, so very economical. But you may have to pay more attention to Resists.

2400 Luck 120 SDI.

I think that you can play a Mage with that.  But you are not going to have the 30 MR you are used to.

* The bracelets on Atl VS that were less than 70M were Antique or Cursed, but they are cheap.

Yup, its 2,840 luck from items excluding statue.

Full SDI is
    SDI 185, Luck 525, 122 HP, low resist

Luck suit is
    SDI 35, Luck 2840, 112 HP, max resist 70 up

Optimal option A: (swap cuff of archmage and 50sdi spellbook into luck suit)
    SDI 105, Luck 2460, 112 HP, max resist 70 up

It will be hard to find bracelet 150 luck and 18 SDI. I have one of each but not both together.
    Maybe @Kyronix can consider adding such bracelet as a reward for the upcoming event.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    @ Seth  I decided to start over and make a complete suit from scratch. Enhance all the pieces so it is done. 

Head  Mark Of Wildfire
    Talisman  Lucky Charm
    Earrings  Yukio's
    Neck  Mempo
    Ring  Compassions Eye
    Shoes  Minax Sandals

Chest
    Arms
    Gloves
    Legs
    1 hand sword
    Shield

Lt Sash or replica
    Tangle

2400 Luck 120 SDI.

Yup, its 2,840 luck from items excluding statue.

Full SDI is
    SDI 185, Luck 525, 122 HP, low resist

Luck suit is
    SDI 35, Luck 2840, 112 HP, max resist 70 up

SDI 105, Luck 2460, 112 HP, max resist 70 up

It will be hard to find bracelet 150 luck and 18 SDI. I have one of each but not both together.
    Maybe @ Kyronix can consider adding such bracelet as a reward for the upcoming event.

We've need compassions eye bracelet for a while 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited February 2023
    “How you all manage to make mistakes on luck suit? You only have to imbue a few pieces with a few mods..

Firstly, shield should always be crafted from wood, you get an extra 2 hit point regen when you enhance.

secondly, weapon should be spell chan mage weapon unless you actually have weapon skill, or you literally have no defence, and should have hit lightning 50, bokuto is most efficient weapon to have as its fastest weapon speed and you get 5 damage inc bonus when you enhance with oak

should also be using the new FC1 apron that gives 5 sdi, and sash should be the fcr1 vine sash.”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,195
    edited February 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    The thing i that's overlooked and the most confusing/difficult is that all my characters have different luck sweet spots although i still think this could simply be mistaken perception? 
    There is a sweet spot when fighting non-top tier loot table mobs (ie you are killing anything outside of Roof/Scalis/UW) but for this upcoming event it appears that everyone should be looking to max their luck. I'm glad the Dev team kind of let us see the calculations for that so the people that went to TC are able to get an understanding of the mechanics.

@Pawain / @Seth - Based on what we know right now for this event, I'm thinking of going max (usable) luck. This means I will use a 190 luck tunic instead of AoF and use the cleanup luck jewels (3/6 casting +400 luck) instead of comp eye/primal consume brace. I lose 60 luck but the trade off is that I have 40 LMC on my suit and max casting for spells (I will be equipping a 50 SDI book when casting but swapping to luck weapon when abomination is redlined). I can get an extra 5 SDI from a town buff and depending on the toon I use I can get more SDI in reaper form if needed.

Yoshi said:
    secondly, weapon should be spell chan mage weapon unless you actually have weapon skill, or you literally have no defence, and should have hit lightning 50, bokuto is most efficient weapon to have as its fastest weapon speed and you get 5 damage inc bonus when you enhance with oak

should also be using the new FC1 apron that gives 5 sdi, and sash should be the fcr1 vine sash.”
    I've seen this a lot too where toons with no weapon skill put DCI on their weapon instead of mage weap. I did that myself when I made my first luck weapon but when I made my luck suit this last time around I went with -20 mage weap instead. The one thing I didn't think about was adding 50 lightning instead of FC1; that's a good idea to go lightning over FC1. You can get FC1 from the necro apron (I personally don't like it because I lose 10 mana and 2 MR) but could also get FC1 from a town stone buff as well.

Yoshi said:
    “How you all manage to make mistakes on luck suit? You only have to imbue a few pieces with a few mods..

Firstly, shield should always be crafted from wood, you get an extra 2 hit point regen when you enhance.

You are right,

Full SDI is
    SDI 190, Luck 525, 117 HP, low resist, FC/R 4/6

Luck suit is
    SDI 40, Luck 2840, 117 HP, max resist 70 up, FC/FCR 4/6

SDI 110, Luck 2460, 117 HP, max resist 70 up, FC/FCR 1/2

Normally I use protection unless its quite safe to go without.

Luck bokuto with SC, DCI 14. Not too keen to nerve strike + HL the boss - happy if it leaves me alone lol. Luck shield with SC, DCI 8, HPR +2.

keven2002 said:
    @ Pawain / @ Seth - Based on what we know right now for this event, I'm thinking of going max (usable) luck. This means I will use a 190 luck tunic instead of AoF and use the cleanup luck jewels (3/6 casting +400 luck) instead of comp eye/primal consume brace. I lose 60 luck but the trade off is that I have 40 LMC on my suit and max casting for spells (I will be equipping a 50 SDI book when casting but swapping to luck weapon when abomination is redlined). I can get an extra 5 SDI from a town buff and depending on the toon I use I can get more SDI in reaper form if needed.

Yeah, I think I will swap also between the full SDI and full luck suit before the boss dies. The LMC is 40 for full SDI and 38 for full luck suit. I don't see any need to trade 2 LMC with luck.

Depends on the mob, I also use a 150 SDI setup with higher resist and HP.

Yoshi said:

For the weapon and shield. As I stated, I will be using a pet and invis. There will be no damage done by me.

But good info on wood for those who plan to tank.
     I had no wood Runics.

The vine sash has the fcr. So yes a better option for a mage that is planning to cast.

I did not choose a necro belt. So did not see it as an option.
    "mage weapon is not for tank, it's to avoid being hit when things attack you when you don't want to be attacked"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited February 2023
    Yoshi said:
    "mage weapon is not for tank, it's to avoid being hit when things attack you when you don't want to be attacked"
    I avoid conflict, I am a pacifist with an angry pet. Also an energy field works. 

But helpful to other play styles. Thanks.
    Yoshi said:

Question on the Mage weapon.....

Assuming that it is a 190 crafted and enhanced Luck weapon, since we are talking about a Luck Suit, that means -20 Magery since, that I know of, there is no -0 Magery one-handed weapons with high Luck on.

What good would it do, then, to play a Mage but then only be able to use 100.0 Magery even though one has 120.0 skill points invested ?

Now, if there was a -0 Magery one-handed weapon with high Luck on, then it would make sense to use a Mage Weapon.... but using one with -20 Magery ? I do not like....

And I oppose the swapping of suit at the end of the fight.... that is, to use 1 suit for 99% of the fight and then use a high Luck suit only for the final blows....

I personally see this as cheating due to a Design oversight.

The fighting mechanics should be such that they calculated the Luck worn across the ENTIRE fight, not just at the end....

If it was this way, then swapping suits at the end of a fight would become pointless.

@Kyronix , perhaps you might want to make things so that what matters is the Luck worn across the entire fight, not just for the last few, killing hits ?
    edited February 2023
    "Side issue,

lol how Seth has a fixed character sheet and Grimbeard's is broken, I emailed broadsword with the fix to place on default UI and they have not done, so only people who manually fixed their UIs have fixed character sheet.
    such a stupid game"

Now look if Garr can kill everything with no sdi and a beetle you guys can too 
    edited February 2023
    popps said:

And I oppose the swapping of suit at the end of the fight.... that is, to use 1 suit for 99% of the fight and then use a high Luck suit only for the final blows....

The fighting mechanics should be such that they calculated the Luck worn across the ENTIRE fight, not just at the end....

If it was this way, then swapping suits at the end of a fight would become pointless.

@ Kyronix , perhaps you might want to make things so that what matters is the Luck worn across the entire fight, not just for the last few, killing hits ?
    "I actually completely agree with popps on this one,

what's the point in making a half decent luck suit when can just put it on at the end?

it has been suggested that the luck factor should be taken at a random undisclosed point of a monster's health to avoid this, this would not have been a problem if Kyronix never disclosed that luck was factored upon creature death

and yeah popps you only get 100 magery but it's better to have 100 magery and be able to defend than 0 defense, if i need to cast an 8th cirlce magery spell i switch to swords of prosperity and switch back again"

Yoshi said:
    popps said:

@ Kyronix , perhaps you might want to make things so that what matters is the Luck worn across the entire fight, not just for the last few, killing hits ?
    "I actually completely agree with popps on this one,

what's the point in making a half decent luck suit when can just put it on at the end?

it has been suggested that the luck factor should be taken at a random undisclosed point of a monster's health to avoid this"

Again I've shown 4 suits my characters live and die in for literally everything never any need to swap suits its a case of wanting the cake and eating it too
    "yeah so @Grimbeard you're playing the game as intended i feel"
    edited February 2023
    So the mage sword is not going to be good for casting. Since we just tried to get more SDI we do not need to lower the magery.

Just makes the suit get more complicated going into different Play styles and specific items for each.

I'm with the not changing any item crowd during an encounter.
    edited February 2023
    "magery skill does not have an effect on sdi
    yes better for casting as you don't get spell disrupted as much, or killed as much
    it's easier to cast spells when you're alive"