When doing a peerless with friends should we group up?

When I peerless with friends, if we all are going to do enough damage to earn loot rights is it better to group up or be a bunch of un-grouped players?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    We break party right before the target is in WoD range.  Each player gets ingredients at least.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270

Most do as Pawain & break party when the final boss is low. Player specific corpse loot is generated & everyone has their RNG based off luck.

An alternative when farming bosses like Medusa or Lady M w/ friends is to stay in party & take turns w/ corpse loot. This works best when everyone is wearing max luck. Each player gets the entire corpse loot alternating so everyone is included(multiple runs). Assign each boss to a player before it dies then no other player approaches the corpse unless it's their turn (everyone stays 6 or so spaces away).

Some of my best drops came from doing bosses this way. This does not work doing the roof as you get booted out quickly w/o time to fully loot.

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    For further information, this question was asked at the last Meet and Greet on March 26th and this was Kyronixs response: [Deraj]: Second, I am looking for clarification on a funny habit a lot of players have [Deraj]: There is a long standing tradition of parties breaking up before a boss dies [Deraj]: This is supposedly to increase loot or chances at a drop [Deraj]: Is this actually true? [Deraj]: I'm not talking about EM boss's, but like peerless or the roof and such [Kyronix]: One moment [Kyronix]: Anything that was part of the loot revamp publish you will get more loot based on party size [Deraj]: So if 5 partied people kill something, there will be more loot than if they were 5 unpartied people? [Kyronix]: If it is general loot that was part of the loot revamp publish, yes [Deraj]: What about artifact drops, such as the roof artifacts or peerless artifacts? [Kyronix]: This only applies to general loot, arties and peerless are a separate roll per person [Kyronix]: So it doesn't matter

• SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Someone on Stratics (not a Dev) was saying that if you leave the party on, the number of pieces is lower but the average quality is higher. If that is true, it seems it's better to leave the party on.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    I would rather believe what Kyronix said...and that seems to be the case every time we do peerless/shadowguard...dropping party gives each person their own instanced corpse with their own loot to go through which I find much easier anyway, once the corpse goes public the amount of items in there is mind-boggling 

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    Larisa said:
    I would rather believe what Kyronix said...and that seems to be the case every time we do peerless/shadowguard...dropping party gives each person their own instanced corpse with their own loot to go through which I find much easier anyway, once the corpse goes public the amount of items in there is mind-boggling 

I agree on the peerless/shadowguard.  There is always someone that waits for the corpse to go public. And those players can sift through that mind-boggling amount.  I wait to get the ingredients that others don't want and grab stuff for turn in points.  New players can find things to upgrade their suits.

There are actually some spawn bosses that never have good loot so we will stay partied just for the party chat.  To see who is staying for another or leaving.  The good stuff drops in your pack.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Sliss said:
    Someone on Stratics (not a Dev) was saying that if you leave the party on, the number of pieces is lower but the average quality is higher. If that is true, it seems it's better to leave the party on.
    If everyone got there own separate loot it would be way better. When staying in a party its one big loot pool and fastest player wins. Maybe this has changed, I'm not sure? I always break party when the boss is about to die.