Ask and Answer No. 17

The Ultima Online team has received another set of questions last week. Here are the answers. (October 23, 2012).

Puzzle Timer Adjustment plea...
I really think it's a far better system for the plants, they are on a 23 hour timer. When the puzzle was new, people were cheating so horribly... they had to do something. Making it 24 hours, I think is just too much. Say you do your puzzle at 8:30am every morning, as you eat your breakfast, before leaving to take care of business for the day. No matter how strict you keep it, you still loose ground every day. If you are late, over sleep, morning tummy issues, breakfast takes a little longer then normal, any tiny delay easily will make the task too inconvenient due to the 24 hour timer. You have to skip a day, start over again to put the task on your time. Even going 10 days will cause a delay waiting to get the token without any extra delay. The plants, for all the work they offer when doing them by hand and not cheating with a house full of plant beds, you can keep to your time and not risk loosing the lot to illness. Must it be 24 hours? Wouldn’t the same 23 hour limit be better and more friendlier for our game? Please? I honestly think it's funny you are tired one hour to the next, forget 1 day to the next and can't work the puzzle. It's not like the lamp posts. Just thinking about that one makes me tired. (EvilPixieWork) UO Stratics Would it be possible to change quests on a 24 hr timer to reset at server up (or a set time daily) instead? This would make it so much easier to do daily quests like tier 3 Zosilem or experimental room puzzle quests without keeping notes when your char did them last. (Gheed)

Mesanna: We agree and a bug will be put into the system for a future publish fix.

Was this ever adjusted?