Gruber upgrade?

Grubers usually steal something from hoard and trove chests that take more than one attempt to open.  Sometimes they steal something from the bag containing the jewels and gold in the chest.  But last night when I opened a hoard chest the gruber stole the bag and all the jewels and gold that were in the bag.  I have opened a lot of these chests and it is not uncommon for the gruber to take one bunch of jewels or one of the piles of gold out of the bag but I have never had one take the the bag and everything in it before.   When I looted the gruber I found the bag and all of its contents.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Wondering if this is another typical UO upgrade.

Also seems to be a few more monsters spawning when I loot the chests now but not absolutely positive about that.

Thanks

Comments

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited February 2023
    Grubbers have always been able to take the gold - gem - reagent bag with all the items in the bag. It's been this way since Pub 105 was on TC in 2019.

There is even a special note on UO Guide about it.

--

Treasure Map - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
    "...
    (The "item" might just be the gem/gold bag with all gems and gold in it!)
    ..." 
    -Arroth
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,049
    Highly doubt  they decided to change the grubber code...
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,998
    Pawain said:
    I'm mean grubbers are just developers trolling the players what makes you think they wouldn't sneak in a secret change 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,049
    edited February 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    I'm mean grubbers are just developers trolling the players what makes you think they wouldn't sneak in a secret change 
    First, a poster above showed you they can take bags since publish 105.

Second, why would they change something so small. 

I prefer them to take bags so I can drop all the gems in the trash easier.

Move along Grubbeard.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,299
    Thanks Arroth_Thaiel for the link.  Was really wondering about that. Have done hundreds of hoard chests over the years but this is the first time I ever had a grubber take the bag and it’s contents.  They seem to be a little more selective lately about what they take, taking stuff from the bags a little more often than before but they still take junk pretty often too.  But was really surprised when I looted this one and found it had the treasure bag.