Get rid of powder of fortification for inflation purposes?

Would this not help with inflation? All I know is a lot of smart ppl who have been playing a long time have mentioned this as the culprit.

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    The reason inflation is high is because unscrupulous people duplicated rares and house fulls of checks till the entire game was flooded. Getting rid of something honest players use is not going to fix it.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Care to enlighten us on that group of people.  Trying to take away an honest way for smiths to make a living, priceless.
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    yeah its really hurting those smiths who now have to make items more often to deal with the broken ones.
  • PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    Huh?  Economics, bruh?

Supply vs Demand.

Remove powder of fort.  Demand for high-end items goes through the roof because the lifespan of said items is seriously reduced.  Supply of said items drops as they are breaking sooner but being replaced at the same rate as before.  Hence demand goes up while supply remains stable.  This leads to *drumroll* you guessed it, price increases!

What is the mechanism by which these "smart people" believe that more available items leads to inflation?
    yeah its really hurting those smiths who now have to make items more often to deal with the broken ones.
    So you have a crafter that can make better items then what the MOBs drop.  You must be way better than any other UO player going to have figured that out.  Oh I know you and your group really want PoF done away with so you can sell your items for more gold.  We understand now.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    A slight bit off-topic, but why does my smith/tailor make things with durabilities like 49, or 35, or whatever.  A legendary crafter with GM arms lore should be able to create items with 125 durability.  Period.  End of story

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    And eyah, it would be nice if everything didn't last forever and had to be replaced.  But I won't get in that argument...crafters were almost put out of business long ago, and no one has ever cared to fix that

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,099
    Sounds like you been talking to @Mervyn.  Most of the good stuff is Brittle.  Do you know what that means @crunchnasty?

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.